Windows 10: It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix?

Discus and support It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows is installed on a SSD and background used to be applied almost immediately but recently I have to wait about 5-8 second for the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezhmank, Oct 24, 2018.

1. pezhmank Win User

It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix?

My windows is installed on a SSD and background used to be applied almost immediately but recently I have to wait about 5-8 second for the background to be applied while not being able to right click or do anything else on desktop during the time, What is causing this and how could I fix it?

:)

pezhmank, Oct 24, 2018

2. Background Wallpaper

Hello Svetlana,

I think you did not get what I ask about wallpaper, I have mentioned that is it possible to set the background wallpaper at home screen and menu list screen not the LOCK SCREEN. I know for lock screen wallpapers can be set. In windows phone 8 we can set
    only black and white background for home screens. I don't know what Microsoft has think to put such thing in mobiles. At least wallpapers supposed to be there for HOME SCREENS.

Rahul_WP8_620, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 24, 2018
  4. JonasJCS Win User

Bug using slideshow as background wallpaper

I've configured my windows to use slideshow as wallpaper and set the window theme based on color of the background picture. Using windows explorer, when the wallpaper changes if you are navigating through a list of itens then windoes selects the first
    item from that list. Its annoying.

JonasJCS, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix? - Similar Threads - takes long background

2. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  3. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  4. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  6. External disk fixing takes very long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk fixing takes very long time: Hi, I have Windows 10. I had a problem with my external hard drive it said fatal hardware error as it was not recognized by the system, though found as disk F:\. I restarted as sometimes it fixes such bugs. right at the start of booting, windows started fixing my...
  7. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  8. It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    It takes a long time for a background wallpaper to be applied,any fix?: My windows is installed on a SSD and background used to be applied almost immediately but recently I have to wait about 5-8 second for the background to be applied while not being able to right click or do anything else on desktop during the time, What is causing this and how...
  9. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to do any task!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes a long time to do any task!: I have a Lenovo z510 Laptop with 6GB of DDR3 RAM and 1TB of HDD and 8 Logical cores of a Core i7 4702MQ CPU processing at 3GHz ... I don't say that it is a high end system(and it is not!) but neither I think that it is a Low End or even Low Mid one! So...do you think that...