Windows 10: it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why??

Discus and support it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. why???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leopard13ara, Jul 14, 2020.

1. it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why??

it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. why???

:)

leopard13ara, Jul 14, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Issues with scanning/restarting takes forever

Hi clandl,

You might be experiencing this issue due to possible changes made on your computer. To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes prior experiencing this issue?
    • What build, version, and edition of Windows is currently installed on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if there is any pending Windows Update needs to be installed. Download and install all the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the manufacturer's website.

For additional troubleshooting step, try running the Network troubleshooter to see if it can diagnose and fix the problem. Here's how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

MaRoselle Cag, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Shoubhik Win User

it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why??

Apps are taking forever to download on Windows Creators Update

Recently my laptop to Windows Creators Update. After upgrading I did a reset. Apps are taking forever to download from store. I upgraded my windows tablet few days back, and did a reset. had no problem with downloading apps from store. Now apps are taking
    forever to download on both my laptop and tablet. is there a problem at your end? please help.

Shoubhik, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why??

1. it takes forever for my computer to download and install updates. Why?? - Similar Threads - takes forever computer

2. Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?: Hello,I am having an issue after updating my browser to where when I save my downloads it just sits there. It still is in the middle of downloading.I've restarted my computer and nothing works....
  3. Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?: Hello,I am having an issue after updating my browser to where when I save my downloads it just sits there. It still is in the middle of downloading.I've restarted my computer and nothing works....
  4. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  5. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  6. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  7. Why is the feature 20h2 feature update is taking forever to install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the feature 20h2 feature update is taking forever to install?: HI GUYS!! so i have downloaded the update feature 20h2 on my asus laptop right now its 87percent and its like that for the past hour.. im concerned should i cancel it or not ive been retrying since yesterday and i am getting impatient.. should i just ignore the update?...
  8. mp4 downloads take forever!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp4 downloads take forever!: Hello. I have a 2020 Lenovo PC adn I'm trying to download short mp4 files but it takes up to 6 hours. If I play the mp4 before downloading it, it plays for a few seconds then loads for a few seconds, the plays for a few seconds etc.. Help!...
  9. Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download: Fresh brand new install of Windows 10 build 1809 17763.107. Several windows updates were detected. They all say Downloading 0% and that's where they've been for four days. I changed my active hours to 8:00 am to 9:00 am. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter. The ONLY...
  10. Windows Updates Taking Forever to Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates Taking Forever to Download: Is it just me, or are Windows 10 updates slowing down? Getting KB4051033 to download is like watching paint dry. I'm on a fibre network connection and Win 7 updates download like lightning, but Win 10 updates take forever. I've been sitting at 9% for the past half hour....