Windows 10: It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users

Discus and support It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week, various reports from Windows 10 users revealed that Windows Update is broken in some regions and the issue has something to do with default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users

Last week, various reports from Windows 10 users revealed that Windows Update is broken in some regions and the issue has something to do with default DNS settings applied by certain ISPs. Various users reported that Microsoft isn’t at fault as the issue is linked to Comcast in the US and BT internet services in the UK.

Comcast user on Xfinity forum revealed that Windows Update and Microsoft Store services can be restored by changing device’s IPV4 and IPV6 DNS from the ISP’s default to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Late last week, a Microsoft employee stated on Reddit that the software giant is aware of the issues and more information will be shared later. It’s been almost 4 days and Windows Update services are still down, according to the latest reports.

In the comment section of our article, multiple users noted that Windows Update is broken for them as of yesterday. In another article, one user noted that Windows Update is not working for him in the UK with BT internet connection.

It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users Windows-Update-broken.jpg

Similarly, a Reddit discussion started yesterday morning states that Windows Update is still not working for various users.

All these reports suggest that Microsoft or ISP hasn’t fixed the issue resulting in the outage of Windows Update and Microsoft Store in some regions. It remains unclear if this issue is specific to users on Comcast and BT but if you are experiencing this issue, simply change the DNS to use Google’s public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare’s privacy-focused 1.1.1.1.

You can change it from Windows 10’s Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet > Change adapter settings or your router’s settings.

The post It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 4, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. It turns out that Windows Update is still broken for some users - Similar Threads - turns Update still

2. Why is the Windows Security UI still broken for AMD users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Windows Security UI still broken for AMD users?: Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but this issue has existed for months now on multiple AMD chip systems. I've seen other users encounter it, I myself have encountered it on multiple AMD systems.The Security UI will claim that "Standard hardware security is not supported"...
  3. Why is the Windows Security UI still broken for AMD users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Windows Security UI still broken for AMD users?: Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but this issue has existed for months now on multiple AMD chip systems. I've seen other users encounter it, I myself have encountered it on multiple AMD systems.The Security UI will claim that "Standard hardware security is not supported"...
  4. Microsoft Updates Still Broken!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates Still Broken!: My Win10 Home has NOT taken any updates since Jan 2021. They're all broken and download a 1000 times daily but fail to install!! So, I've put all updates on pause until 5/2/2021. Yes, my system is plugged in & connected to the internet!! Yes, my Win10 license is legit,...
  5. Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers

Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers: I've had some strange issues with Windows 10 since buying a new laptop 15 months ago. I kinda got over one problem, but it still causes me problems today. It's something you don't expect when you spend quite a bit of money on what you believe to be a good product. You don't...
  6. Latest windows update 1909 broken some features.

Latest windows update 1909 broken some features.: Hey people, Since the latest update, The Action Center stopped working - Whenever I press the Action Center button at the bottom right corner of my screen, it pops up and just disappears as if it crashed. As well as Snip & Sketch just freezes my system, there's still audio...
  7. Sandbox still broken for some users in latest Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Sandbox still broken for some users in latest Windows 10 version 1903: Microsoft recently launched Windows 10 May 2019 Update with Windows Sandbox, Light theme and several other features, but there have been some bugs and issues acknowledged by Microsoft. Windows 10 version 1903 includes a new feature called Windows Sandbox, a secure...
  8. After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store: After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store. Dell Inspiron 13 5368 Windows Home 1809 I can't install any apps from the Store and the some that I don't want won't uninstall. I need some help here. I did: - run troubleshooter - check...
  9. Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users: According to various reports on Twitter and Reddit, some users are unable to connect to Windows Update and Microsoft Store on Windows 10 devices. While users are blaming Microsoft for Windows Update issues, it appears to be a DNS issue and the software maker isn’t responsible...
  10. File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user: Still having sporadic file associations getting dropped. But, the most annoying thing is that I can't set Chrome as my default browser. When I do, double clicking on an .URL shortcut says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action..."...