Windows 10: It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

Discus and support It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tec_Atlas, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Tec_Atlas Win User

It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive

For some reason when I try and install a game onto my external hard drive it says that the location isn't set up for installing games and when I tried to change it from my C drive to my D drive it came up with a thing that said "Delete Other Apps" and when I press yes there is an error with it. How do I solve this as I don't have much storage left on my C drive.

:)

Tec_Atlas, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 17, 2021
  3. barrytol Win User
    Photos on my external hard drive won`t show

I have an external hard drive on which I loaded all my pictures but now I can`t se them.What should I do?

barrytol, Feb 17, 2021
  4. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. It won't let me install games on my External Hard drive - Similar Threads - won't let install

2. My Xbox app on my PC is not letting me install games on my external hard drive. The error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox app on my PC is not letting me install games on my external hard drive. The error...: I could not open any game on the Xbox App. The following message was displayed: "[Game Name] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected." After I couldn't fix that, I decided I would uninstall and reinstall the games. However, I...
  3. My Xbox app on my PC is not letting me install games on my external hard drive. The error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox app on my PC is not letting me install games on my external hard drive. The error...: I could not open any game on the Xbox App. The following message was displayed: "[Game Name] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected." After I couldn't fix that, I decided I would uninstall and reinstall the games. However, I...
  4. XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX App won't let me to select drive to install game.: Hi all,I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive,but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now I guess after last update it won't.Anyone has an idea how to fix it? Screenshoot attached....
  5. will microsoft let me use external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsoft let me use external hard drive: will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-let-me-use-external-hard-drive/a6799d4b-a309-41e8-be23-a0eeb077aa65
  6. Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not letting me install to a External Hard Drive.: I am trying to install games from the Microsoft store to a external hard drive. Its what I play most of my steam and GOG games from. But for what ever reason I can't save games to it from the Microsoft Store. I set the drive as my app install location in settings. But when...
  7. External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive won't let me explore files on one specific computer.: Hi there, I have a 5TB external hard drive that stopped working with my Win 10 PC a few days ago. The drive is visible, but if it's plugged in I can't select it, open device manager, scan it or look at it's properties without is crashing my system. I've since tried it...
  8. OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't let me sync to my external drive: I'm using Office 365 and the OneDrive storage that comes with my subscription. This problem appeared after I replaced my old computer that ran Win7 with a new computer than runs Win10. In other words I'm using a clean install of Win10. On my old Win7 computer my 1tb 365...
  9. my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internal hard-drive won't let me write on it: I was updating a game on my computer when an error message came up telling me that i could write on my D:/ drive and that i could only read off of it. The drive, and windows are saying that their is no problem and the writing permissions are turned on in the security tab in...
  10. I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis: I bought a Seagate external hard drive and it won't let me use Acronis to backup to it. I have formatted the hard drive too. To see if that would fix the problem, but it never I can only use the Seagate software to backup to it. I have no idea why this is a problem as I have...