Windows 10: It won’t let me set up a PIN

Discus and support It won’t let me set up a PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer has been working fine, but last night i decided to restart my computer and it had been restarting for more than 12 hours. I finally found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nazahria E, Jan 28, 2023.

1. It won’t let me set up a PIN

My computer has been working fine, but last night i decided to restart my computer and it had been restarting for more than 12 hours. I finally found a youtube vid and did the “Windows + X + power button” and it finally turned on, BUT when i go to the sign in screen my password had been disabled…. and I can’t click “Set up Pin” or anything.

:)

Nazahria E, Jan 28, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

It won’t let me set up a PIN

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

It won’t let me set up a PIN

1. It won’t let me set up a PIN - Similar Threads - won’t let set

2. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  3. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  4. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It won’t let me set up a PIN

It won’t let me set up a PIN: My computer has been working fine, but last night i decided to restart my computer and it had been restarting for more than 12 hours. I finally found a youtube vid and did the “Windows + X + power button” and it finally turned on, BUT when i go to the sign in screen my...
  6. Windows won’t let me set up my PIN to log into my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won’t let me set up my PIN to log into my computer.: It is my brothers computer that I’ve used for a while now and decided to logout of his Microsoft account that windows uses. Now I can’t login as when I click on “Set up my PIN” it shows I’m clicking yet doesn’t register as nothing happens. Can’t create a Password either as I...
  7. Windows won’t let me set up my PIN to log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me set up my PIN to log into my computer.: It is my brothers computer that I’ve used for a while now and decided to logout of his Microsoft account that windows uses. Now I can’t login as when I click on “Set up my PIN” it shows I’m clicking yet doesn’t register as nothing happens. Can’t create a Password either as I...
  8. Windows won’t let me set up my PIN to log into my computer.

9. Restarted computer, now it says “Set up pin” but won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted computer, now it says “Set up pin” but won’t let me do anything: I was trying to run a game on Steam but it wouldn’t open so I began to close background applications to see if maybe one of them was stopping the game from opening. The laptop requested to restart and I clicked yes, now I’m stuck on the lockscreen with the same message saying...
  10. Organisation won’t let me change pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organisation won’t let me change pin: I was using word for a class assignment and had to sign in with my uni email to save my file on OneDrive. In a hurry, I type in my login and press ok without disabling the ‘allow the organisation to make changes’. I had to make a new PIN to log into my laptop, and I’ve...