Windows 10: Item on Desktop won't delete

Discus and support Item on Desktop won't delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an item on my Desktop. It used to have the image of a folder over the last few days, but just now I looked at it and it looks like a document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by v015eyjd, Sep 19, 2020.

1. v015eyjd Win User

Item on Desktop won't delete

I have an item on my Desktop. It used to have the image of a folder over the last few days, but just now I looked at it and it looks like a document page? In any case, I'm not able to delete it via any means that I know of. I searched here last night and found a few similar problems. I tried some of those solutions but none of them worked. I have images attached. This is my desktop, showing the file on the desktop under the Recycle Bin.

Item on Desktop won't delete 7419aadb-c76a-4c23-baa5-ee65f1e56afb?upload=true.jpg

If I right-click, I see this menu, that doesn't have the delete option.

Item on Desktop won't delete 80afde08-c629-45b1-bb14-d66abfa50725?upload=true.jpg

If I select "Properties", I see this.

Item on Desktop won't delete 2452f8ac-ff3d-47a6-a306-2be2e974d257?upload=true.jpg

If I try to drag to the Recyle Bin, it appears it's going to do it, but when I release the mouse button, it just stays exactly like the first image.

Item on Desktop won't delete 1bddfe4b-8beb-48d4-8d14-286e99d595b2?upload=true.jpg

Lastly, when I look into File Explorer, I see it all the way to the bottom of the list on the far left side it's highlighted at the bottom, but I can't do anything with it. There are no changes when I try to drag and drop to another folder, and I can't select it and delete it.

Item on Desktop won't delete 02d47594-93ef-42b3-b908-63ff655f9632?upload=true.jpg

I did have the File Shredder program installed, but that folder/file wasn't there until I deleted it. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this thing? Thanks in advance.

:)

v015eyjd, Sep 19, 2020
  2. stefanlee Win User

5800 won´t display calendar items on front page

Whoa! fast answer, thanks.

You´re right. That´s crazy by the way, why won´t it show calendar items in "contacts" mode?

Some things aren´t really logical with this phone....

/SL

stefanlee, Sep 19, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Item on Desktop won't delete - Similar Threads - Item Desktop won't

2. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  3. items are marked for deletion at desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    items are marked for deletion at desktop: while selecting any items in desktop, message pops up for deletion requestDesktop icons are marked for deletion by default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-are-marked-for-deletion-at-desktop/33dcbc04-7929-454d-97ce-f1a6e8538d0f
  4. items are marked for deletion at desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    items are marked for deletion at desktop: while selecting any items in desktop, message pops up for deletion requestDesktop icons are marked for deletion by default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-are-marked-for-deletion-at-desktop/33dcbc04-7929-454d-97ce-f1a6e8538d0f
  5. Cannot delete items from desktop

Cannot delete items from desktop: I am unable to delete items from my desktop. Whether I right click and hit delete, or drag them to the trash, they will be gone for a split second, the pop right back up on the desktop. Occasionally I will get a message that says words to the affect "If you delete this from...
  6. Desktop Shortcuts won't delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcuts won't delete: I have some desktop shortcuts that won't delete when I right-click on them and select delete. I get the following error message: [ATTACH] I have tried to find these files using the command prompt and they don't show up when I use dir. I suspect the issue is because I have...
  7. Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item"

Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item": I have an error or somthing i don't know, there is an icon on my desktop and when i delete it a window pop ups and said "Item not found" like the picture below but the icon was still there, how can i delete this annoying icon [ATTACH] * Original title: Help me pls...
  8. Cannot delete an item from my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete an item from my desktop: After installing an application (Tagging for Windows) which is an extension to Windows Explorer on a Win 10 a computer an icon lablled Tags is added to my desktop, which I can move about but not delete. No file corresponding to the icon appears in the...
  9. Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work.: So, a few days ago I noticed this strange bi-colored shield--two quadrants blue, two yellow--on program icons like CCleaner, Dashlane, Revo Uninstaller and some others. I can't open Dashlane. With files (docx), I can't delete them. The properties say I need Admin privileges,...
  10. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....