Windows 10: Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

Discus and support Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Merk, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Merk Win User

Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I cannot pin that setting to the Start Menu, it does not appear on the Start Menu and "Unpin from Start Menu" causes the settings dialog to close. But Windows apparently thinks it is pinned to the Start Menu.

The Start Menu works perfectly but for this one issue. I am able to pin/unpin other apps and settings with no problem. So it appears the issue is limited to this one item. I have run System File Checker three times and no issues have been detected.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Can no longer reorder Quick Access folders in list

And I hate the new Start Menu. Why do I need my App List visible when I have pinned my necessary items to the Start Menu. It is clutter. MS, please, start giving US the options to configure our Operating Sytsem to our needs and not your wishes.

Normal user name 265253, Nov 14, 2015
  3. pin start menu problem

when pinning some items to the start menu, its icon will be off center and only half of the icon will be visible. is there anyway to fix this?

Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible [​IMG]

DarkRedScorpion, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

1. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible - Similar Threads - Item pinned Start

2. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  3. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  4. Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible

Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible: I have been running Windows 10 for over 2 years, without any major issues. I have the Microsoft Office App's (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook) pinned to my taskbar. But starting today, although all app's seem to be there, the icons for Word and Powerpoint have...
  5. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  6. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  7. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  8. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  9. Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10: Hey guys. Lately Windows has started behaving really odd in the way it deals with pinning. It was fine when I first set up win10 but now it doesn't work properly. I want to see if I can resolve this as I really don't feel like wiping and installing everything again....
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...