Windows 10: Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

Discus and support Items get deleted when clicked or selected. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muhammad Faizan Amin, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up comes up which says "do you want to delete your files permanently". My icons are also disappearing from my desktop whenever I left click on them. I cannot reset the windows because I have important data and i also can't take backup because the folders get deleted when clicked or selected with arrow keys. Neither I can install any program because setup gets deleted. Also I don't know how this problem arose maybe after update maybe not. Help Please.

:)

Muhammad Faizan Amin, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Items getting selected when hovering mouse over it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps in making a difference:

Disable Hover feature:

You may want to disable the Hovering over feature for Mouse and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center and click on
      Make the mouse easier to use.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      under Make it easier to manage windows.
    6. Click on OK.

Disable ClickLock

Sometimes if ClickLock is enabled any item gets highlighted through the Mouse. We can try disabling it and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type main.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Clear the checkbox for Turn on ClickLock.
    4. Click on OK.

Disable Single-click to open item

We can also check if the Single-click to open an item is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Make sure the option, Double-click to open an item is selected.
    4. Click on OK.

You can customize the view of Outlook as per your requirement. For more information, see

Create, change, or customize a view

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Colin 33 Win User
    What items to select when deleteing browsing history

When clicking " Clear Browsing Data" and then click "Choose What To Clear", 6 items are listed, "Browsing history", "Cookies & Saved website data", "Cached data & files" are already checked. "Download history", "Form data", "Passwords" are not selected.
    Should all 6 items be selected or just the 3 pre selected items? Are there any negatives in selecting all 6 items?

Windows 10

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Colin

Colin 33, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

Cannot delete some items from favs. bar.

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the items from Favorites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to delete the favorites items if not yet tried and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer, click on Favorites
      in the Menu bar.
    • Click on the drop down arrow beside Add to favorites.
    • Click on Organize favorites..., click on the option
      Delete. (This will delete all the favorites items in the Favorites bar)

If you don't want to delete all the items from the Favorites bar, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article to delete the browsing history and check if it helps.

View and delete your browsing history

Refer to the section: What gets deleted when you delete your browsing history
    for more information about how deleting the browsing history works.

For more information about favorites in Internet Explorer refer to: Use favorites to save websites you like

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

1. Items get deleted when clicked or selected. - Similar Threads - Items deleted clicked

2. how to get permanent deleted items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get permanent deleted items: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+717003287Damsana Methdinu Perera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-permanent-deleted-items/b36ca441-029b-4fd0-8eca-45e4a851774c
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  5. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  6. How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click

How to get back 'Manage Selection' menu item to a SharePoint list item on right click: Hi, We have a SharePoint 2013 site and an item list where the list used to show a Menu called "Manage Selection" with default menu items when user right clicks on a list item or click on 3 dots ellipsis, But somehow it is not showing up now in the default menu items. How do I...
  7. Serious Listview selected items issue when removing items by doubleclick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Listview selected items issue when removing items by doubleclick: This is rather old. Found this years back on Windows 98. Still exists in current Windows 10 :And someone once said the listviews were entirely different in Windows NT and Windows 9x series. Ok, Windows 98 had an issue that on one certain list position, an owner-drawn list get...
  8. Serious Listview selected items issue when removing items by doubleclick

Serious Listview selected items issue when removing items by doubleclick: This is rather old. Found this years back on Windows 98. Still exists in current Windows 10 :And someone once said the listviews were entirely different in Windows NT and Windows 9x series. Ok, Windows 98 had an issue that on one certain list position, an owner-drawn list get...
  9. Serious Listview selected items issue when removing items by doubleclick

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows 10 - when I click on any item it's getting deleted, how to get this solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - when I click on any item it's getting deleted, how to get this solved?: I have windows 10 installed in my LAPTOP. I didn't use this laptop for a longer period of time as it was having a screen issue. Now I have fixed it and I started using it last week. When I switched on the laptop I didn't find any error. But later it gave me this issue. It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why item is delete single click