Windows 10: Items in File Explorer too spaced out

Discus and support Items in File Explorer too spaced out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the most recent update, I noticed a greatly increased amount of space between each line in File Explorer. I still use a mouse 99% of the time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seattlegirl1999, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Items in File Explorer too spaced out

After the most recent update, I noticed a greatly increased amount of space between each line in File Explorer. I still use a mouse 99% of the time, and reducing the amount of space between each line helps me scroll less. Less scrolling = less strain from repetitive use.

Is there any way to customize spacing and tighten this up?

Items in File Explorer too spaced out 25b8300b-53c5-4bde-b84d-354ad02d27ea?upload=true.jpg

:)

seattlegirl1999, Jun 18, 2020
  2. SamikSome Win User

Windows File Explorer Item Spacing

Is it at all possible to change the item spacing in 'small icons' view in the file explorer?

Basically before the Creator's update I used to have 5 columns of items while in this view, but now after the update it seems that spacing between items has been increased slightly and now i only have 4 columns instead of 5.

So I would like to know if there is some option to set the item spacing in this view

SamikSome, Jun 18, 2020
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Items in File Explorer too spaced out

Windows File Explorer Item Spacing

Hi Samik,

It appears that there's no such option to change the item spacing. For that instance, you may use the
    Feedback Hub for your suggestions.

Just search for Feedback Hub in the search bar or you can download the app

here

Regards.

Arnold Fra, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Items in File Explorer too spaced out

1. Items in File Explorer too spaced out - Similar Threads - Items File Explorer

2. File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab' too fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab' too fast: In File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab': When typing more than one letter I find that unless typing extremely fast Windows jumps to a file before I have typed in all the letters I want. Ususally I can only get 3 or 4 letters in maximum.Is there a way...
  3. File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab' too fast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab' too fast: In File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab': When typing more than one letter I find that unless typing extremely fast Windows jumps to a file before I have typed in all the letters I want. Ususally I can only get 3 or 4 letters in maximum.Is there a way...
  4. File explorer option 'Select the typed item in the view tab' too fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to decrease the space between the items in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to decrease the space between the items in Windows 11 Explorer: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is an amazing experience. All the new features and updates from Windows 10 are quite an improvement. However, a lot of users are used to Windows 10, especially the menus and spacing. Thus, some users faced an issue with the File Explorer spacing. How to...
  6. File Explorer explores too much!

File Explorer explores too much!: How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named files, but also a lot of other jpg files with images of chequered floors. If I search for "castle" it finds all sorts of...
  7. MS Edge addon icons too spaced out.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge addon icons too spaced out.: I have several addon icons on the toolbar and they take up a lot of space (width). The gap between the icons is very wide. Is there any way to reduce the space between them? Edge Version 86.0.622.69 (Official build) (64-bit) Windows 10 20H2 (19042.630) 168502
  8. Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files

Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files: I like a compact folder and file list but recently I keep seeing the view in this image. How can I go back to the old view? I have right clicked and done view but that doesn't make it more compact. I was going to do A vs B pics but I can't get it to back to no space between....
  9. File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased

File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased: [ATTACH] I don't know when it happend but not only file explorer, taskbar also has weird larger than normal spacing [ATTACH] How can i solve this problem?...
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...