Windows 10: Items missing from Download folder

Discus and support Items missing from Download folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 with latest update. Recently I opened the Downloads folder and all of the items in it were gone. I had a lot of items in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skippertx32, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Items missing from Download folder

I am running Windows 10 with latest update. Recently I opened the Downloads folder and all of the items in it were gone.

I had a lot of items in it from previous downloads and now it is empty. I anyone has a solution, please post.

:)

Skippertx32, Apr 13, 2019

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Items missing from Download folder :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 13, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Items missing from Download folder

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Items missing from Download folder

1. Items missing from Download folder - Similar Threads - Items missing Download

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. Missing items from Windows Store download - Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing items from Windows Store download - Minecraft: I purchased the Minecraft for Windows 10 Master Collection which contains the following: Minecraft for Windows 10Plastic texture packVillains skin packWinter minigames by NoxcrewPureBDCraft by BDCraftGreek mythology pack1000 minecoinsPastel skin pack by EneijaWildlife...
  4. Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?: it sorts everything by time, like day, week etc and ive spent too much time trying to undo it. seems like it was some update a long time ago because one day it was just that way. maybe im just missing something? submitted by /u/tomsfoolery [link] [comments]...
  5. Missing Download folder

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Download folder: I cannot download programs. I continually get the message that the download folder cannot be accessed when I select the Run button. I'm using Winver 1909 and Edge. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 156622
  6. Missing download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing download folder: I cannot download programs. When sellecting “run” i get the message that the download directory cannot be accessed. Anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-download-folder/6e633736-43b5-48b0-bcbc-33e8ce941757
  7. Missing Download folder

Missing Download folder: Just upgraded to a new PC. SSD for OS and programs and D drive for storage. My user folders were on the C drive so have successfully relocated these to D drive. However somewhere my Download folder has disappeared. I have tried all methods to search and restore that I have...
  8. Download Folder Missing

Download Folder Missing: My Downloads Folder and all its contents dissappeared. I did not delete it at all, but i press CTRL + J and it tells me all the data is deleted. My virus protection is up to date and not saying thereis an issue, it alot of data i need. Please help !!...
  9. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow: I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow icons, one named mgran and one named Downloads. The Quick Access is pointing to the correct Downloads, the other is my...
  10. All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder

All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder: So I booted my computer and found that all of my files went missing in the "Downloads" folder as seen in the files explorer. However, some of the files and folders were available in the left column, however when I clicked It It says "LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE". When i...