Windows 10: Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add

Discus and support Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After installing the Hauppauge Capture application for the Collosus II video capture card, multiple folders and files were added to the Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mjohnsonn2, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add

After installing the Hauppauge Capture application for the Collosus II video capture card, multiple folders and files were added to the Defender exclusion list. Tamper Protection was on. Sure, I okay'd the app installation, but I didn't think it would be able to exclude itself from scans. Is that normal?

10 Pro 20H2 19042.685

:)

mjohnsonn2, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Exclusion list

Hi! I cant remove my windows defender exclusion list.. If I clicked remove button but nothing happens and still remaining it in the exclusion list.. How can I remove it.. My exclusion list has generated automatically by some virus or some unauthorized program..
    Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add 8cc809c3-47e0-48f0-a2fc-60dfb0651bc9.jpg

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TharangaSisira, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add

Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Hello!,

When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear.

Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add [​IMG]

Does it happen to someone else?

Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated.

Regards.

NSchwender, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add

1. Items on Defender Exclusion List that I didn't add - Similar Threads - Items Defender Exclusion

2. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  3. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  4. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list

Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list: Hi, after running a full scan with windows defender, it has helped to remove some malware threats. However, after doing another full scan for good measure, I've encountered this issue where the system notifies me about "Items skipped during scan". When I clicked into the...
  6. exclusion list of registry items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exclusion list of registry items: I was running the ccleaner registry cleaner, and there was a file that would just not be eliminated. I tried and tried multiple scans and it would not disappear. I highlighted it and saw an option that said "add to exclusion list" . now it doesn't appear in the scan, but is...
  7. Need to remove items from Exclusion List Windows Defender

Need to remove items from Exclusion List Windows Defender: Hi, I cant seem to remove these from my exclusion list on Windows Defender. Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-to-remove-items-from-exclusion-list-windows/87e8a110-776f-4962-8451-7a70ca560f24
  8. I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender

I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: I'm trying to add an exclusion in windows defender but it always shows empty, no matter what I do. It never add the exclusions OS: Windows 10 May 2020 [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions

Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  10. how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?

how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?: Mbar is missing an exclusion-list , I have to exclude the same items it finds , after every scan ! Is it possible to add an exclusions-list to the program ?? 113727