Windows 10: Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10

Discus and support Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I organise the icons on my desktop eg top right are those relating to my PC (eg history of WUs, details of my laptops). Bottom right is for eg Word &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Taffy087, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10

I organise the icons on my desktop eg top right are those relating to my PC (eg history of WUs, details of my laptops). Bottom right is for eg Word & Excel templates and also spreadsheets that I'm using every day. If I have a new one I'll place it in the appropriate place and refresh.

For the past two days, all of the icons have been pushed to the left. I've checked Settings but see no obvious reference to this.

Has anyone any idea why please?

:)

Taffy087, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    windows 10 resize all start items simultaneously?

Hi,

When you say “Windows 10 resize all start items simultaneously?” are you referring to desktop icons or startup modern icons?

If you are referring to startup icon appear on the desktop then follow this simple steps and try if it help.

• Right-click on the desktop and select
      view.

• Click on medium icon and click on
      auto-arrange icons
    Also if you are referring to startup modern icons on the start menu then follow the steps below and check it help.

• Press Windows logo key + I and select
      displa
      y.

• Click on System and select display.

• On the left click on Change the size of texts, apps, and other items: 100% (recommended) as per to the requirement
      and click on apply.
    Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10

1. Items on desktop have been pushed to the left. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Items desktop been

2. Desktop items Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop items Windows 10!: Good morning, I have been doing my usual maintenance this morning and have forgot how to do something! I have removed a lot of my items from my desktop screen but how do I put some of them back? It is easy unpinning live tiles and putting them back but not so on the desk top...
  3. Desktop items Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop items Windows 10!: Good morning, I have been doing my usual maintenance this morning and have forgot how to do something! I have removed a lot of my items from my desktop screen but how do I put some of them back? It is easy unpinning live tiles and putting them back but not so on the desk top...
  4. Desktop items Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After sleep all windows are pushed to the left of the screen

After sleep all windows are pushed to the left of the screen: Hi there, I am running windows 10 before my system goes to sleep I have my windows scattered about my desktop. After I wake it up in the morning I find all my windows are pushed over to the left. Is there any way to keep the windows in their current position before...
  6. New Shortcuts on Desktop going to top left and pushing other shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Shortcuts on Desktop going to top left and pushing other shortcuts.: How do have new shortcuts on my desktop go to the first empty space? Instead, it goes to the upper left space, where I have something, and pushes everything down a space, with shortcuts already on the bottom looping around the top of the next column. (Only for shortcuts added...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop items not on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Desktop items not on Desktop: So there seems to be some odd discrepancy where items are actually located in Windows 10. For example, when I navigate to 'Desktop' in Windows Explorer I see that there are many items that are not actually on the desktop which include: This PC, Libraries, Network, Control...
  8. Can't left click items in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't left click items in Taskbar: Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area....
  9. Items on desktop will not open on left click

Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  10. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

in Windows 10 Support
    The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...: I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate. I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music and some videos now and then. Also incase I've forgotten to mention it's pretty new (maybe 2 months old). I pinned my VLC...