Windows 10: Items on desktop will not open on left click

Discus and support Items on desktop will not open on left click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZenbookOwner, May 22, 2019.

1. Items on desktop will not open on left click

Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file in a folder.

:)

ZenbookOwner, May 22, 2019
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, May 22, 2019
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Items on desktop will not open on left click :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, May 22, 2019
  4. Items on desktop will not open on left click

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Items on desktop will not open on left click

1. Items on desktop will not open on left click - Similar Threads - Items desktop open

2. Left click didn't open a foldier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click didn't open a foldier: Hi, okay so I opened a file called "files" and then I tried opening "games" that was inside that foldier and when I did try opening it using left click I need to click only once it opened properites of that file. This fixed when I closed foldier and opened it. Is this a bug,...
  3. Left-click on desktop mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left-click on desktop mouse not working: The left-click on my desktop Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Right click will open a browser but left click will not access anything on the page. Unable to open Windows Live Mail because of this also. Thanks in advance for any advice. My apologies for clicking any of the...
  4. left or right click not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    left or right click not working on desktop: I did a reset and after it left or right click is not working on the desktop but it is working fine everywhere else. can someone suggest any thing that may help or provide some insight on what should be done? submitted by /u/goyalaman_ [link] [comments]...
  5. Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item: After the latest feature update to my Win 10, if I right click on any desktop icon and try and open the app with the Open command, there is no response. I can still open the app with a double mouse click. Some setting seems to have changed with the upgrade?...
  6. Can't left click items in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't left click items in Taskbar: Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area....
  7. Left click does not open dialog box on Desktop or at Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left click does not open dialog box on Desktop or at Start: El botón izquierdo funciona en cualquier otro lugar de mi PC, incluidos los elementos del menú en un menú Inicio abierto. Es una situación agravante que solo se puede arreglar con un reinicio. Lamentablemente, no dura mucho y vuelvo a los bloques de cuadros de diálogo....
  8. Can't left click on anything on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't left click on anything on the desktop: Hi all. My windows 10 seems to "locked". I am able to sign in then when I get to the desktop, I am unable to open any program. The system recently updated. I cannot figure out what is happening. Thank you in advance....
  9. Start button and task bar can not left click to open items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and task bar can not left click to open items: Hi Have a weird issue I have experienced in the past. First this was all working fine earlier no issues then all of a sudden I tried to open my weather channel app which I had been pulling up fine all day just stopped where it would open and then close immediately. I...
  10. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click: Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no longer be opened with left click. Have to use right click and the Open. This did work normally when I cloned the system from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CANNOT LEFT CLICK PINNED ITEMS