Windows 10: Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer

Discus and support Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The thread title says it all. I can open my Daily Use folder from my desktop, where it sits, and all my items are in there. But if I open that same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, May 4, 2021.

1. Nikilet Win User

Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer

The thread title says it all. I can open my Daily Use folder from my desktop, where it sits, and all my items are in there. But if I open that same folder in Explorer it's empty. Please see screenshots and help if you can. P.S. I think I might have just figured out what I'm doing so for now am going to mark this as solved.

:)

Nikilet, May 4, 2021
  2. J FNV Win User

how to show or list all items on Desktop

All items show on regular desktop, but not listed under File Explorer. Question is, how to get all listed under File Explorer.

J FNV, May 5, 2021
  3. DocDJ Win User
    eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly.

Is there some setting I am missing? *Confused

DocDJ, May 5, 2021
  4. Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer

Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

No pinned items are not showing in both File Explorer and Quick Access.

Even if I pin a folder to Quick Access it is not showing in Quick Access.

I am showing a video regarding the issue ....

tckPNBWiwww

debjitdas86, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer

1. Items show up on desktop but don't show if I open them thru Explorer - Similar Threads - Items show desktop

2. Bluetooth earbuds don't show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth earbuds don't show up: I've been trying to connect my wireless earbuds but it just doesn't show up. When I go to pair device it doesn't show my earbuds on there. I already went through device manager and nothing. I did a troubleshoot but it says everything is working just fine. The earbuds work...
  3. desktop not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop not showing up.: [ATTACH] please help me in getting out of this trouble. My desktop has disappeared and this error pops up every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-showing-up/e8d7a65b-71a7-486e-a8be-9deda992c885
  4. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  5. Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?: That has been an ongoing bug for a while. Say you move a file to the desktop, or a new file is downloaded to your folder. You know its there, but the file icon or list item doesn't show up until you hit F5 to refresh. A restart fixes this, but what the hell is going on...
  6. how to show or list all items on Desktop

how to show or list all items on Desktop: All items show on regular desktop, but not listed under File Explorer. Question is, how to get all listed under File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-show-or-list-all-items-on-desktop/d32f5701-77f1-4452-95cb-36bf43add0a3
  7. 'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer: About a month ago, I couldn’t get either the Edge browser or the Windows ‘dashboard’ to come up. I thought the problem must be with Microsoft (Chrome still worked), so I called their tech hotline to get some help. The guy did solve my problems, but I noticed when I...
  8. Explorer not showing Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not showing Desktop icons?: Hey all, I noticed that when opening Desktop in Windows Explorer, it doesn't show any of the icons of This PC, My Documents, Network and Recycle Bin. I have enabled these icons to be shown on the Desktop through the "Desktop Icons Settings" option. However, Explorer...
  9. Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items still showing up after turning them off in settings: I have turned off the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" setting, but I'm still getting the recent items when right clicking File Explorer in the taskbar. File Explorer seems to be the only place where the recent folders are shown. Does this...
  10. Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Items not showing in File Explorer.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is "Pinned items and Jump List are not displayed in File Explorer in both Taskbar and Start Menu". Pinned items and Jump Lists are...