Windows 10: It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

Discus and support It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been attempting to resolve a Memory Management BSOD that appears whenever I try to reboot after my Win 10 PC has gone to sleep. This has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Schwartz, Dec 12, 2021.

1. It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

I've been attempting to resolve a Memory Management BSOD that appears whenever I try to reboot after my Win 10 PC has gone to sleep. This has been happening for at least months. I've tried everything found in the forums here and elsewhere, as well as suggestions from the web, and have been unable to resolve the issue. I finally called Microsoft, let the support person control my computer, and--as a final test--even did a clean install of Win 10 version 20H2, I think. No change. I've done at least five Win 10 reinstalls, including 2 or 3 clean installs. I'm tired of trashing my system and dow

:)

Steven Schwartz, Dec 12, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 12, 2021
  3. Xlrtech Win User
    HP laptop - multiple BSODs

I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs0021na, (Intel i3, 8GB, 128GB SSD) running Windows 10 Home, which exhibits the following characteristics:

• On startup, occasionally completes boot, but within 5 minutes, BSODs. with a random error, e.g. Page Fault, IRQL not equal, Memory Management and so on.
    • Repeated attempts to reboot then fail with more random BSODs
    • Rarely, it will attempt a Startup Repair – which will invariably fail with another BSOD.
    • Wiping the hard disk and attempting to install a clean version of the OS (downloaded from Microsoft using Media Creation Tool to USB stick) will get a little way into the process, then fail with BSOD as above.

What I’ve done:

• Attempted clean install as above.
    • Run multiple hardware tests on Memory and SSD - HP’s built-in tests, Memtest86, Seagate disk tools. All tests pass with no errors.
    • Updated BIOS from Insyde F.04 to F.22 (HP supplied).
    • Repeated clean install, same result.

I have now run out of ideas, and am at a loss to understand what is causing these errors. How are BSODs generated if no Windows installation is present? Is it likely that a hardware component other than RAM or the SSD is causing these?

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated.

Xlrtech, Dec 12, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

BSOD- memory management

Upon checking the dump file, the issue is being caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ntoskrnl.exe is the one responsible for memory management that is why you're having the Memory Management error. We suggest that you follow the steps found in the link that we provided
    in our last reply to resolve the issue. Please take note that if you're overclocking your processor or video card, kindly reset their settings to default.

Let us know the outcome after performing the provided steps.

Argel Obm, Dec 12, 2021
Thema:

It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

1. It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails? - Similar Threads - hardware issue repeated

2. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption": For the past few months, my Alienware M15 R2 has been suffering from often BSODs From every 5 minutes to every 30 minutes. In my attempt to fix the situation, I have downloaded a fresh install for a total of 5 times. The BSODs stops completely for a few days, and then they...
  3. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption": For the past few months, my Alienware M15 R2 has been suffering from often BSODs From every 5 minutes to every 30 minutes. In my attempt to fix the situation, I have downloaded a fresh install for a total of 5 times. The BSODs stops completely for a few days, and then they...
  4. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?: I've been attempting to resolve a Memory Management BSOD that appears whenever I try to reboot after my Win 10 PC has gone to sleep. This has been happening for at least months. I've tried everything found in the forums here and elsewhere, as well as suggestions from the web,...
  6. It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It's a hardware issue repeated Memory Management BSOD and Windows Update fails?: I've been attempting to resolve a Memory Management BSOD that appears whenever I try to reboot after my Win 10 PC has gone to sleep. This has been happening for at least months. I've tried everything found in the forums here and elsewhere, as well as suggestions from the web,...
  7. Repeated BSOD and failed updates

Repeated BSOD and failed updates: Hi,My laptop MSI running Windows 10 has been seriously playing up lately. I've now had about 10 blue screen crashes in the last 30 minutes and haven't been able to keep the laptop on for more than about 5 minutes at a time! I've had similar problems before, caused by some...
  8. repeating memory management bsod

repeating memory management bsod: hello, I am having a repeating problem with my windows home workstation for some time now . about once per day I get a MEMORY MANAGMENT BSOD regardless of the activity: coding, gaming or general use. I have run memtest to see if it was a hardware problem and both memory...
  9. Memory Management BSOD issue. Help please ?

Memory Management BSOD issue. Help please ?: Hello guys, i've been experiencing several BSOD with "memory_management" indications. I was checking for several errors within my computer, and i find that , and this is my only guess, that they mainly happen when i use a lot of RAM, maybe some hardware issues? Also i run...
  10. Random BSOD Memory Management issue...

Random BSOD Memory Management issue...: Hi I was wondering if someone can help me before I lose my sanity. I built a new system in September and things were going OK until the recent 1511 update to Windows 10. Since then I've been getting a lot of BSOD errors pointing to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I ran Memtest for around...