Windows 10: Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...

Discus and support Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nollhundkoll [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nollhundkoll, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...

/u/Nollhundkoll, Jan 25, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

Your only option will be to power off.

Then try disconnecting power, holding the power button in for a minute, release, connect power, try rebooting.

If that fails, see if you can at least get into the BIOS.

If not, presumably you've a hardware problem.

And suggest that if you can boot up, you use the shut down button on your screen.
    (I'm still not convinced you're not powering your PC down- when you use the physical button, how long do you press it for, and what's it configured to do?)

dalchina, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

Holding the power button is not the proper way to power down. It's a hard power off on some but not all PCs (just like pulling the power cord)
    Pushing it one time should power it down. Just as the start/shut down does from the desktop (does it power off from the desktop?)

List the complete specs. If its the hard drive you can check the smart data
    Sometime a PC will hang on shutdown from programs that lock up

Jetster, Jan 25, 2020
  4. OOOO Win User

Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start... SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

Thema:

Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...

1. Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start... - Similar Threads - been stuck minutes

2. Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button: Windows 10 issue. The system locks up and the only way to get out is to hold the power button down and restart. After checking the event viewer this is what I found. It looks like a program tries to run and causes a critical error. I'm trying to find the program This started...
  3. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...
  4. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  5. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

at start up 1 minute computer shut down: I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-start-up-1-minute-computer-shut-down/6eb521c6-73e2-43b8-b4bd-725995d6e1a8
  6. Windows 10 Updates when shut down with power button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates when shut down with power button: If a user hits the power button to shut down, do the Windows 10 updates run just like when you shut down normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-when-shut-down-with-power/da410e3f-939d-4f1c-8a22-1ce53331e950
  7. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  8. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  9. Holding down keyboard buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Holding down keyboard buttons: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm...
  10. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on: Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on...