Windows 10: It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be...

Discus and support It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft? It's been years now and you still can't open the ever-present .webp images with the Photos app not to be confused with the old Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesMabe, May 24, 2021.

1. It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be...

Hey Microsoft? It's been years now and you still can't open the ever-present .webp images with the Photos app not to be confused with the old Photo Viewer. Countless people have made posts about it, and there is no solution.If you try to open a .webp, it doesn't know what to open it with; so it tells you to choose a program from the dropdown window. But the Photos app is not one of the

:)

CharlesMabe, May 24, 2021

2. Open WebP images on Photos app

Hi

How to Open WebP images on
    Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer.

Siamak5561, May 24, 2021
  3. Open WebP images on Photos app

Photos support WebP very well on my other device, but I dont know why I can not choose to open webp format on Photos. and already shows in windows photo viewer..

Siamak5561, May 24, 2021
  4. Jay#222 Win User

It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be...

Open WebP images on Photos app

Alright,

I think you can change this setting here :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402816...

Also, you can try to right click on a webp file, then select "open with", then "select another app".

You should be able to select the photos app, and check the 'make as default' box.

Jay#222, May 24, 2021
Thema:

It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be...

1. It's been years now and you still can't open .webp images with the Photos app not to be... - Similar Threads - been years still

2. when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?: When I open an animated webp with Photos, it is shown as a static image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-can-i-see-an-animated-webp-image-in-win11-app/08b189d1-3375-499b-9a73-6d9d111a4406
  3. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  4. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webp Image Extensions: Is there any way to stop this app from installing on my computer? I prefer the WebP Codec because it doesn't darken the image in Windows Photo Viewer. Every time I uninstall it, it gets reinstalled the next time I turn on my computer....
  5. Can't Open this image or photos

Can't Open this image or photos: Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third party application to open it. I opened it and appeared "Windows can't find 'D: //filename.png' Make sure you typed the name...
  6. WebP images are not images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WebP images are not images: WebP images are not treated as images: thumbnails are not displayed, cannot be used as background etc. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-images-are-not-images/82ea8f94-d7af-414d-a6e8-d7255a820e5b"
  7. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  8. Webp Image Extensions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webp Image Extensions: How to terminate Webp Image Extensions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webp-image-extensions/42a19481-9715-48fe-a0e4-2fd03382ed9f
  9. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....
  10. I need to open .webp files with the Windows 10 Photos app

I need to open .webp files with the Windows 10 Photos app: I need to open .webp files with the Photos app but it doesn't show up in the "open with" context menu and I can't find the .exe file. I know that the Photos app can read it because renaming the extension works. This shouldn't be hard to do but I can't find a way to do it....