Windows 10: It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results

Discus and support It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s efforts to integrate its cloud services on Windows 10 has just backfired for the company. Windows 10’s Search feature has been hit with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 5, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results

Microsoft’s efforts to integrate its cloud services on Windows 10 has just backfired for the company. Windows 10’s Search feature has been hit with what appears to be some pretty widespread issues.

Windows Search is currently returning blank results if you search for apps, files or web, and it looks like the problem is with Microsoft’s Bing.

The other Microsoft services such as Office and Bing itself are unaffected by the issue and Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the outage. There is currently no further information on what’s going on.

“I seem to have gotten the same problem as well and on both of my laptops. The search just stopped working a couple hours ago seemingly out of nowhere. Curious to see how many more people are having this issue,” a user said on Reddit.

We have discovered that disabling Microsoft Bing integration in Windows Search restores the service, but you need to play with Windows Registry.

How to fix Windows Search blank results

Microsoft has apparently included a way to easily disable the web integration and it can be done by creating a new Registry value. This would disable both Cortana and Bing integration in Start Menu’s search menu.

To fix Windows Search blank results, simply follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Run.
    2. Type “regedit” to open Windows Registry.
    3. Click Yes to the prompt asking for administrator permission.
    4. Navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    5. Right-click the Search option. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results DWORD-value.jpg
    6. Choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    7. Name the new value BingSearchEnabled.
    8. Double-click the new BingSearchEnabled that you just created. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results Modify-DWORD.jpg
    9. Change the value to 0 if it’s 1. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results Disable-Bing-search.jpg
    10. Click OK to continue.
    11. Now look for ‘CortanaConsent’.
    12. Double-click CortanaConsent value and change its value data to 0. If you don’t see CortanaConsent value, create it manually.
    13. You can now kill the Cortana process in Task Manager or Restart the PC.

After killing the Cortana process in Task Manager or a system reboot, Windows Search should start working again.

This is a straightforward change and it can be reversed if you change back the values to 1 by following the above instructions. If you’ve never used Registry editor before, we recommend backing up your Registry before playing with it.

Let us know if you are able to use Windows Search again after disabling Bing integrating.

The post It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 5, 2020

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Feb 5, 2020
  3. j39dofFkjsd, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results - Similar Threads - It’s Search giving

2. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  3. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  4. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results: When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to web search.View Example Here...
  6. Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results

in Cortana
    Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results: Hi, I was trying to search in the start menu, until I saw something... [ATTACH] it shows a search frame of edge. If I click any of the links, it will open edge and bring me to the bing website. It won't go away. If I scroll down and see related results it will show me...
  7. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  8. Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?: If I gave over 180 "dummies" PDF book files, why does Microsoft Windows 10 only give partial results? When moving book files around, beginning to see where half the files do not show up in my searches. Having the software "Everything" I am able to get everything. How do I...
  9. Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After installing the latest Cumulative Update on my Windows 10 PC today, I found that my Windows 10 Start Search was not displaying any results – It just showed a blank white screen. If you face this issue, here are [...] This post Windows 10 Start Search...
  10. Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column

in Cortana
    Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column: I have a report from several users in an office of an issue in Outlook 2016 32-bit standard edition. All users are using the same version of Outlook, installed on Windows 10 Pro x64. The office version is listed as 16.0.4783.1000 when viewing Outlook.exe properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. its not just you windows 10 search is giving blank result

2. https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/02/05/its-not-just-you-windows-10-search-is-giving-blank-results/

3. search just gives a blank patch on windows 10

4. windows 10 search blank