Windows 10: It's not letting me listen to anything

Discus and support It's not letting me listen to anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot up my computer a bit ago, it had this weird echo, so I went, reinstalled the drivers, echo stayed, I uninstalled realtek, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bionic Link, Jan 8, 2019.

1. It's not letting me listen to anything

When I boot up my computer a bit ago, it had this weird echo, so I went, reinstalled the drivers, echo stayed, I uninstalled realtek, and when I restarted my computer, It was not accepting my headphones, I went and looked, and realtek was gone. I looked around for a new driver to manually install, but all I could find were some controller ones. Can I get a driver link or something like that?

:)

Bionic Link, Jan 8, 2019

2. CORTANA IN LISTEN MODE

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand you have issues with Cortana in the Listen mode. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Listening audiobooks on Lumia 800 with WinPhone 7

I use to hear audiobooks on my Lumia 800 with WinPhone 7 so I’d like to find an app that:

• Allows to continue listening from the point it was previously stopped.
    • Allows to reposition the listening back and forth in the piece.
    • Shows the listening
      point in a size that does not require a
      magnifying glass to be seen.
    Kindly suggest me some??

Many thanks.

Giuseppe48, Jan 8, 2019
  4. It's not letting me listen to anything

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

It's not letting me listen to anything

1. It's not letting me listen to anything - Similar Threads - letting listen anything

2. It won’t let me redeem anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won’t let me redeem anything: So when I pressed the redeem button to get robux it said Microsoft rewards account temporarily restricted and I don’t know why this happened but can someone help me fix it...
  3. It won’t let me redeem anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won’t let me redeem anything: So when I pressed the redeem button to get robux it said Microsoft rewards account temporarily restricted and I don’t know why this happened but can someone help me fix it...
  4. Driver D not letting me do anything with it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver D not letting me do anything with it.: When i go to use my drive in anyway it wont let me do anything at all with it eg storing games, ive tried many fixes but none are doing anything. What ways is there to fix this. happened in both windows 10 and 11 and has been the same for months...
  5. Microsoft wont let me launch anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wont let me launch anything: Whenever I try to go into something: Microsoft Edge, Minecraft, Model o software, etcetera. It says, "Failed to load _____" So I can't access anything can someone help me?...
  6. Store won't let me download ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Store won't let me download ANYTHING: I am so beyond infuriated with Microsoft on this one. I’ve tried every fix I’ve seen online and nothing changes anything. I bought Forza Horizon and Minecraft from the microsoft store yet it refuses to let me download them. I’ve tried the wsreset, resetting from settings,...
  7. Windows will not let me install anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not let me install anything.: To start off this all started when I went to update my radeon software and it wouldn't install I tried everything and I even reset the pc back to factory where it has nothing on it but windows 10. Everytime I try to install anything.it crashes with no error message and then...
  8. Computer not letting me acess anything.

Computer not letting me acess anything.: So I have this problem it always says my windows is expired when I bought the full version also, I cannot open any of the windows 10 store apps not even the windows 10 store itself. I cannot turn on my firewall it will come up with an error. Yes I've tried to reset my...
  9. The store won't let me download anything.

The store won't let me download anything.: are there any fixes? submitted by /u/TheRealArborkid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envl6m/the_store_wont_let_me_download_anything/
  10. Not letting me download anything!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not letting me download anything!!!: Im just trying to reset my computer and it says i need to clear up space. Anything i try to uninstall or delete says it cannot find the file. It wont let me download ANYTHING or uninstall anything. It tells me to save then as soon as i hit run the error message pops up. Never...