Windows 10: "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

Discus and support "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I bought my son his first laptop and have tried setting up his account via the family options. Every time I try to verify his account which requires me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dlimarus, Mar 22, 2023.

1. dlimarus Win User

"It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

I bought my son his first laptop and have tried setting up his account via the family options. Every time I try to verify his account which requires me to use my own account as I am his parent, I get the message, "Something went wrong. It's not you, it's us". That doesn't help at all, and I can't get further with this. My son is now wondering why I bought him a rubbish laptop for his birthday. Pretty poor start with Microsoft.I can see other people have asked similar questions, but I cannot see any reply other than, "we'll make our developers aware". Is there a fix? Please provide a solution

:)

dlimarus, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Mar 22, 2023
  4. "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

Child Account

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps to create a Chile account without an Emails address:

• Open Settings.

• Click on Accounts and click on Family and Other Users.

• Click on Add a Family Member.

• Choose Add a Child.

• Now select the Option The person I want to add doesn’t have an Email address.

• Enter all the information prompted and click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    PFB the screenshot:

"It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account e903edc0-b771-46fd-a374-398fdf68fe95.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

"It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

1. "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account - Similar Threads - stopping opening child

2. "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account: I bought my son his first laptop and have tried setting up his account via the family options. Every time I try to verify his account which requires me to use my own account as I am his parent, I get the message, "Something went wrong. It's not you, it's us". That doesn't...
  3. "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "It's not you it's us" stopping me opening child account: I bought my son his first laptop and have tried setting up his account via the family options. Every time I try to verify his account which requires me to use my own account as I am his parent, I get the message, "Something went wrong. It's not you, it's us". That doesn't...
  4. Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log In to Child Outlook.com account - Something's not working It's not you, it's us.: Hi,I get an error every time after logging in as Guardian for my child email account: Something's not workingIt's not you, it's us.Unable to get access to the account.Could you please provide guidance in order to have access to email accounts?Thanks...
  5. It's not you. its us. Can't approve child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's not you. its us. Can't approve child account: I created an email today for my kid and put the birthdat 17 May 2011.Now I'm struggling on how to activate it. Everything I try turns me back to the screen "It's not you. its us": I've tried email verification and also to login directly - none worked. Tried it from two...
  6. It's not you. its us. Can't approve child account

It's not you. its us. Can't approve child account: I created an email today for my kid and put the birthdat 17 May 2011.Now I'm struggling on how to activate it. Everything I try turns me back to the screen "It's not you. its us": I've tried email verification and also to login directly - none worked. Tried it from two...
  7. It's not you. its us. Can't approve child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.: I bought a new laptop and accidentally choose the wrong date so it thought is was a child and I was prompted with consent screen. And following through the steps form this forms page. I tried everything from creating microsoft family , adding the child account and even tried...
  9. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.: I bought a new laptop and accidentally choose the wrong date so it thought is was a child and I was prompted with consent screen. And following through the steps form this forms page. I tried everything from creating microsoft family , adding the child account and even tried...
  10. It's not you. It's us when trying to give consent to child account.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. child account login issues microsoft its not you its us