Windows 10: It’s (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account

Discus and support It’s (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Like many others, I still have an old Yahoo account kicking around, mostly because I’m too lazy to close it. But with the revelation this week that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

It’s (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account

Read more: Its (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Dec 14, 2016
  2. SH3355 Win User

Unable to send email from windows mobile 6.1 device

Hello,

I am using Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 on a Samsung Epix.

My AOL e-mail account displays this message from time to time. However, my YAHOO e-mail account will always work.

When this happens and the message isn't gone by the next day, I will copy/paste the e-mail into my YAHOO e-mail account and re-send the e-mail message.

There appears to be something different between the AOL and YAHOO e-mail systems.

Steve

SH3355, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Two Microsoft accounts but with different email addresses. How to delete one?

I seem to have two Microsoft accounts. One uses a Yahoo address and one uses a gmail address. How can I close the account which uses the yahoo address?

ClareJohnson, Dec 14, 2016
  4. linw Win User

Just closed my old and unused account. Who could trust them again?

5. There are a lot of discussion groups - sort of email list groups with a web interface - on Yahoo. I belong to 3 of them. Yahoo is making users change their passwords, but that's sort of a useless reaction to an event that took place 3 years ago.

pokeefe0001, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Kind of sucks for me. My ISP is BT and although my email isn't yahoo format it is powered by yahoo. Trouble is I have used the acc for over 20 years so I can't turn my back on it. Everything is linked to it, most importantly my Apple ID. About 2 years ago BT announce they were migrating the email provider away from yahoo but whilst many users did get free of yahoo, many got left behind. And now for reasons unknown the migration has stalled. So stuck with yahoo and I can tell you their IMAP email is rubbish, on iOS using the native app it is so prone to long delays getting the emails or checking for them. Their demise can't come quickly enough for me

Scottyboy99, Dec 15, 2016
  7. The BoD "re-purposed" that money for their performance bonuses. *Mad

lehnerus2000, Dec 15, 2016
  8. meebers Win User

I use it for their financial data, the email account was made up with phony data. :-(

meebers, Dec 15, 2016
  9. I finally killed my old account from the late-mid 90's. It was a trash account, however needed to be done.

python134r, Dec 15, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    Thankfully I dont have any Yahoo accounts.

swarfega, Dec 15, 2016
  11. Hewjr100 Win User
    Got rid of mine so long ago, I can't even remember the year.

Henry

Hewjr100, Dec 15, 2016
  12. mike s Win User
    Same here - including a group used by my local community.
    The password issue is just icing on the cake.
    The changes that Yahoo made to the web-based interface go further in the wrong direction with every iteration, and they clearly ignore user complaints as long as the ads display OK. Check the community help pages for complaints about the scrolling bug that has gone on for years now.
    Really wish the groups could be migrated elsewhere; they are the only remaining useful thing left but are infuriating to use.

mike s, Dec 15, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

I'm another person who's had a Yahoo account since the stone age of computing. When Zilker.net shuttered its doors in 1991 or 1992, I got a paid Yahoo account then and have used it ever since. I've changed passwords more than once over the years, and I also run all my mail through a separate spam filtering and security screening service. I'm pointing people at my own vanity domain for email now, but I still have lots of accounts tied to Yahoo, and must now start the slow, painful process of migrating away. Sigh.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 15, 2016
  14. My first email is Yahoo. After that, I switched to Gmail because I want Google to spy on me.

RubberDucky, Dec 15, 2016
  15. Ghost82 Win User
    I'm migrating everything I'm using on Yahoo to Outlook. My Yahoo account has been my personal/professional one until now, but as long as Outlook is integrated in Windows and adds nice features, yeah, my Yahoo one has been just in less and less use so... I'm planning on close it.

Ghost82, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. It’s (Past) Time to Close That Yahoo Account - Similar Threads - It’s Past Close

2. Yahoo Email account Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Email account Issues: For the past 3 days now, I am unable to send emails, delete, search on my yahoo email account. I do receive emails, but as I scroll down only about 20 emails are visible, then the rest of the emails are shaded. I have rebooted my internet, etc. Still the problem...
  3. Linking Yahoo Account to Mail

Linking Yahoo Account to Mail: Hello, I just bought a new Dell computer after having an Macbook and I am attempting to link my yahoo account onto the microsoft mail app. My gmail linked perfectly but every time I attempt to add yahoo, I get an error code 0x8019019a and a message that says "Something...
  4. Updating yahoo email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating yahoo email account: I am unable to do so after going through the motion of signing in and this is what happens. What is 0x8019019a? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-yahoo-email-account/e46c7642-158b-4cc8-9d3a-d10c4154fb41
  5. my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my yahoo account: my yahoo account has my old phone number on record, I can't remember it and was told i can't access my yahoo account because there is no number to sign in with. So if I open another yahoo account can I access my old email from yahoo.com?...
  6. my yahoo email account

my yahoo email account: how do I update my yahoo email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-yahoo-email-account/3932d58f-c03f-47c2-98b1-3f1cf557267a
  7. Email account with Sky/Yahoo

Email account with Sky/Yahoo: Hi. I had a message from Microsoft telling me there is a problem with my Sky/Yahoo email account. I tried to log in and it didn't recognise my username which is my email address. I have been using this account for years, and now it seems I've been locked out of my email...
  8. yahoo account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    yahoo account: I was unable to access my email account with all of my mail and was asked to wait while its located but my daughters picture came up instead of mine and I responded its not me and I had to enter a yahoo account(new one) and when I did that I lost my old mail with my flight...
  9. Windows 10 is associated with a Yahoo account that is being closed. Need to move...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 is associated with a Yahoo account that is being closed. Need to move...: Windows 10 is associated with a Yahoo account that is being closed. Need to move association to other Microsoft account. planning on closing my yahoo account, but Windows 10 is on that account. Windows does not have a registration code it is merely associated with this...
  10. Yahoo accounts attacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo accounts attacked.: I get my satellite tv and landline broadband from SKY. They have just announced on their home page that Yahoo have been the victims of a cyber attack in "late 2014". A bit slow telling us, don't you think? I cannot remember when SKY became associated with Yahoo, I thought...