Windows 10: its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?

Discus and support its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?The seller told oem licenses are only for fresh installs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ricardo Yanisselli, Jan 26, 2023.

1. its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?

its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?The seller told oem licenses are only for fresh installs.

:)

Ricardo Yanisselli, Jan 26, 2023

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 26, 2023
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

If you plan on "transferring" a digital license from one computer to another using the activation troubleshooter and your Microsoft Account, then yes, start with the generic product key on the new computer. Actually, on a new install, you select the option for "I don't have a product key" and then after the install use the Activation Troubleshooter.

Otherwise, if you are using a unique product key, either purchased or embedded in the firmware of the computer by the factory - let Windows 10/11 activate for the first time from that product key. AFTER it is activated, change the product key to the generic. One advantage to doing this is that if the original product key was OEM, changing it to the generic retail product key will also change the digital license type to retail and make it transferrable to another computer.

NavyLCDR, Jan 26, 2023
  4. its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?

Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

Thank you for the insight
    That's interesting. So you are suggesting after I make my next clone, I enter a generic product key in windows activation and THEN follow up with purchasing (or transferring) a digital license? Do I understand you correctly? If so, I'll try that on my next build.

It is possible. My only experience seeing it not cleared up in an hour (besides, of course, having the wrong time on my machine or a truly faulty connection) was many years ago. When I contacted Microsoft, they were able to diagnose that my license wasn't valid but couldn't tell me why. If memory serves me correctly, I attempted to move a license from a windows ten machine that initially was an upgrade from windows seven. I discovered (on this forum) that a windows ten license that was upgraded from windows seven license was not eligible to be transferred to a new machine. And I was not able to purchase a digital license. I needed a product key.

I couldn't find reputable dealers that are still selling retail windows 10 licenses (for example, Best Buy only lists the Spanish version of windows home on their website). But since I just learned that a windows 11 license can be used my concern has been allayed.

WorkPermit, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?

1. its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key? - Similar Threads - possible upgrade home

2. How to upgrade OEM Windows 11 Home to digital Windows 11 Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade OEM Windows 11 Home to digital Windows 11 Professional: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home Single Language preinstalled OEM DM channel. I have logged in my Microsoft account which has Windows 11 Professional digital license. I want to upgrade Windows but it's offering me to buy a new license....
  3. How to upgrade OEM Windows 11 Home to digital Windows 11 Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade OEM Windows 11 Home to digital Windows 11 Professional: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home Single Language preinstalled OEM DM channel. I have logged in my Microsoft account which has Windows 11 Professional digital license. I want to upgrade Windows but it's offering me to buy a new license....
  4. its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?

its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?: its possible to upgrade windows 11 home with an oem license digital key?The seller told oem licenses are only for fresh installs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-possible-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-with-an/7b476a89-3ad2-4c19-ace5-87a9e928963e
  5. It is possible to upgrade windows 8.1 OEM license to a WINDOWS11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is possible to upgrade windows 8.1 OEM license to a WINDOWS11?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!Es posible o no hacer una actualización de una...
  6. It is possible to upgrade windows 8.1 OEM license to a WINDOWS11?

It is possible to upgrade windows 8.1 OEM license to a WINDOWS11?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!Es posible o no hacer una actualización de una...
  7. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  8. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  9. Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key: I had a win 10 pro digital license key in my old laptop. I associated with it my online MS account. Now i bought a new laptop with win 10 Home pre-installed and after signing in with my online MS account, it shows that win10 home digital license key is linked to my MS...
  10. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...