Windows 10: Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!?

Discus and support Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Team Support Hi..., I would like to ask about TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network, Is this Product sourced came from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M1q4khm4D1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!?

Hello Microsoft Team Support

Hi..., I would like to ask about TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network,

Is this Product sourced came from a manufacturer that works or is associated with Microsoft and

Is it safe to install on Windows 10..?!

Thank you in advance for your explanation..!!!

Best Regards

M1q4khm4D

:)

M1q4khm4D1, Aug 30, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

how to mute (openvpn "TAP provider v9 ... " spam)

Hi,

Let's sort this out. When did you start seeing this pop up message? What program/s did you install before the issue started? If you are using a VPN software, this is probably included on the installation package. The TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel is
    an adware which can also cause serious damage to your computer.

Check your Downloads folder and delete anything suspicious. Go to
    Control Panel > Uninstall a program and do the same. Also, pull up your
    Task Manager and disable all your startup programs. Observe if it will make a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Uninstall TAP Windows Adapter V9

SOLVED

• Step 1: Download OpenVPN and install with ALL features from HERE : Community Downloads | OpenVPN
    • Step 2: Open CMD.exe as administrator and go to the file location of "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin" or whatever that turns out to be.
    • Step 3: Follow the "Installing and uninstalling TAP-drivers" section from the website

HERE
      : ManagingWindowsTAPDrivers – OpenVPN Community
    • OR JUST READ BELOW
    • Step 4: How to get the <id> for the next section:
      • Go to Network Connections
      • Right click the TAP device you want to remove
      • Click Properties
      • Click Details
      • Using the drop-down menu, get the Hardware ID
        • This is usually something like: tapoes, tap0901 etc
    • Step 5: Remove those suckers by typing the following into CMD: tapinstall.exe remove (ID from step 4)
      • it should look something like this below:
    • Step 6: If you have devices that were not removed, repeat Steps 4-5 for all TAP adapters
    • Step 7: Restart!
    • Step 8: Uninstall OpenVPN and you're all set!

Supplementary information from the site:

Occasionally you may need play with different TAP-driver versions. In this case you can use devcon.exe from the Windows command-prompt. Below are some common commands you can run from an administrator Powershell
    or cmd.exe console:

List available TAP-Windows adapters:

List network interfaces (incl. TAP-Windows adapters):

View information about an installed driver:

Uninstall a TAP-driver:

To verify TAP-driver removal:

Install a new TAP-driver:

Update a TAP-driver:

Notes:

• <id> refers to the driver identifier which is tap0901 for OpenVPN 2.2+, but may be different in older/newer OpenVPN versions.
    • <something.inf> is typically OemWin2k.inf (old tap-drivers) or OemVista.inf (newer tap-drivers). You need to specify the full path to this file, e.g.C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\driver\OemVista.inf.
    By installing multiple times, you will create additional TAP-Windows adapter instances, which can be used for multiple concurrent VPN tunnels. It is also possible to install using Control Panel -> Add New Hardware,
    and it is possible to uninstall using Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

CarlTutton, Aug 30, 2019
  4. ToriWoof Win User

Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!?

How do I stop Tap Provider V9 from asking me to install?

Hi,

I was casually browsing the web on chrome when a popup came by. I clicked don't install and unchecked the " Always trust OpenVPN Technologies, Inc. "

It keeps popping up like 6 or 7 times in a row, I did a little bit of research, but only to find help to those who have inadvertently installed it already. I don'y know if i accidentally visited an infected website.

The popup looks like this: http://www.2-remove-virus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TAP-Provider-V9-for-Private-Tunnel.png

I don't know if this helps but when I brought my laptop to a repairman he said that he installed Office for free, illegally.

ToriWoof, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!?

1. Its Save to Install TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel Network..?!? - Similar Threads - Save Install TAP

2. tap windows adapter v9 error code 52

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tap windows adapter v9 error code 52: picture of the error: https://postimg.cc/5YB5TRbmthis is for vpn adaptors to connect, idk why i get this error, i have this error for 2 months and some of my vpns can't connect, my windows,drivers and every single program is updated, i also tried uninstalling the drive and...
  3. tap windows adapter v9 error code 52

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tap windows adapter v9 error code 52: picture of the error: https://postimg.cc/5YB5TRbmthis is for vpn adaptors to connect, idk why i get this error, i have this error for 2 months and some of my vpns can't connect, my windows,drivers and every single program is updated, i also tried uninstalling the drive and...
  4. ROOT\NET\0002 error on TAP-windows adapter v9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROOT\NET\0002 error on TAP-windows adapter v9: Hi, This problem started about five days ago.I ran my vpn to connect to the internet I use vpn because of the censorship policies of the foreign country I work for to be able to use sites like youtube, twitter , etc. but an error was shown: "failed to initialize vpn adapter."...
  5. TAP-Windows adapter v9 error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TAP-Windows adapter v9 error: My Surface Pro says there is a problem with my TAP-Windows adapter v9 but troubleshooter can't identify it. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it, but that hasn't worked. I also have not installed a VPN, so that is not the cause. I don't know how to fix this and I really...
  6. Is Installing TAP-Windows Provider V9 Safe? I'm trying to use a VPN and it's a required install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Installing TAP-Windows Provider V9 Safe? I'm trying to use a VPN and it's a required install: I want to use a trial from PrivateVPN and it's asking me to install TAP Windows Provider V9. Is this safe or something I should avoid? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmnr0l/is_installing_tapwindows_provider_v9_safe_im/
  7. Windows 10 Tap-Adapter V9 not operational

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Tap-Adapter V9 not operational: Trying to use "OpenVPN." Tap-Adapter V9 Windows 10 x64 1909 reporting "unplugged cable." Network Tap-adapter properties reports "not operational." Have tried disabling and re-enabling; does not change anything. Removed Tap-adapter; then removed open OpenVPN....
  8. How to reinstall Tap-windows adapter V9?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall Tap-windows adapter V9?: Today when I'm setting my VPN I mistakenly deleted my Tap-windows adapter V9 driver, so my vpn SSTap can no longer be used... How to reinstall it? note: I [uninstalled] not [disabled] the driver... So maybe I should ask where I can download one driver again... another...
  9. TAP-Windows Provider V9

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TAP-Windows Provider V9: Does window have drivers by this name? i have apparently had this driver since 6/2018 and just noticed it. The only reason i even noticed it when i did was i was looking to see if there was anything wrong with any of me usb ports as i was having trouble with my keyboard and...
  10. 13x TAP-Windows Adapter V9?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    13x TAP-Windows Adapter V9?: Hi guys, i really need help on this. Anyways, lets get started. So, as i recently wanted to check why my Gigabit Adapter does not take in Gigabit anymore since the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, i checked by in the Network Sharing Center, and went under the Adapter Settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kms tap provider v9 for private tunnel

2. tap provider v9 for private tunnel reddit