Windows 10: It's taking 25 seconds to login

Discus and support It's taking 25 seconds to login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Intel i5-6500, 16GB, and an SSD, and for some reason it's taking 25 seconds for my user account to load. I've turned off a lot of things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skylake1151, Jul 22, 2016.

1. It's taking 25 seconds to login

I have an Intel i5-6500, 16GB, and an SSD, and for some reason it's taking 25 seconds for my user account to load.

I've turned off a lot of things in msconfig, and it still takes 25 seconds to login.

Is there a way I see what's causing the long login?

:)

Skylake1151, Jul 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 slow restart after login

Hi

When turn on after shut-down, computer start fast.

After clean install, restart takes 14 sec.

Now (I don't really know why, probably is something with login/sync all apps that use Microsoft account) restart takes 42 seconds.

The delay is at login screen.

If press the sleep button after login screen appears, the computer enter sleep. Then if wakeup, the desktop appears. This way the restart takes only 25 seconds.

What happens that delays the restart? I guess is something with sync Microsoft accounts.

I try a lot of suggestions from forums. None work. A clean install resolve the problem till appears again.

Have a nice day

BogdanPopa, Jul 22, 2016
  3. FMasaya Win User
    slow login after updating windows 10 to version 1511

I updated to versión 1511 yesterday (March 23/16) and I'm having the problem: actually, the PC takes more than a minute and a half to show the login screen and the login process by itselt is taking 25 seconds, even the PC used to take less than one minute
    for all these processes before. I really regreat this updating. I cannnot understand why Microsoft is doing this to us! I have tried all what has been said here (creating an additional user, avoiding using the hiding feature for the bar, applying a clean
    turning off, etc.) I need help, please!

FMasaya, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

It's taking 25 seconds to login

I have a similar problem on both PCs - see Slow Login on Occasions?

Event Log shows no obvious errors. Someone suggested it might an issue due to using Kaspersky antivirus but I'm not convinced since I have access to another PC using Kaspersky antivirus which doesn't have this behaviour.

Steve C, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

It's taking 25 seconds to login

1. It's taking 25 seconds to login - Similar Threads - taking seconds login

2. Second Minecraft login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Minecraft login: Hi. I purchased 2 Minecraft accounts for my kids.After a clean install it seems I can only log in with one of them. Could somone guide me on how to get the second account working, please? Much appreciated. Thanks....
  3. Second Minecraft login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Minecraft login: Hi. I purchased 2 Minecraft accounts for my kids.After a clean install it seems I can only log in with one of them. Could somone guide me on how to get the second account working, please? Much appreciated. Thanks....
  4. Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking 15-25 % CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking 15-25 % CPU: Ive seen that a process/applicaton named Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking around15-25% CPU at all time. It seems to be related to OneDrive. I hace verifed that I have no SharePoint List etc synced but this process still starts and runs. Its located in:C:\Users\My...
  5. Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking 15-25 % CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking 15-25 % CPU: Ive seen that a process/applicaton named Microsoft SharePoint.exe is constantly taking around15-25% CPU at all time. It seems to be related to OneDrive. I hace verifed that I have no SharePoint List etc synced but this process still starts and runs. Its located in:C:\Users\My...
  6. Surface Win10 PowerSave after 25 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Win10 PowerSave after 25 Seconds: Hi, Have recently purchased a MS Surface, running Win10. Regardless of what i'm doing if I do not touch the keyboard, screen or move the mouse the screen goes into power save after around 25 seconds. Its incredibly frustraying, means I can't watch a video without having to...
  7. Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue: I have read a lot of posts and tried a lot of different things to resolve it, but no luck so far. The issue is that when I open File Explorer and try to create a new folder, it hangs for 25+ seconds before the folder appears. It's like the system is searching something in the...
  8. Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize: The Network takes over 25 seconds to initialize, no matter which of two NICs or WiFi. There is another Win 10 Pro computer plugged into the same switch and it initializes the network as expected. New Computer build: Windows 10 Pro 2004 fully updated ASUS ROG Strix...
  9. System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!: I am on a Dell laptop with 512 gb storage with a bit less than half of that full. Prior to the system restore, i ran disk scans to see if anything was wrong and nothing showed up. I also did a full computer scan a week ago using my antivirus and it said my computer was clean....
  10. NT Kernel consistenty taking 25% of CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NT Kernel consistenty taking 25% of CPU Usage: For about 3 weeks I have noticed that the system process in windows 10 is taking 30% of my cpu. I have searched the web and found various ideas for addressing the problem but my techncal skills are a little rusty. I have attached a screenshot from windows performance analyser...