Windows 10: It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

Discus and support It's time to prepare for W10 FCU in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, folks Is there any changes in Fall Creators Update, when a clean install is performed? I am more concerned about signing in with a local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ivan Petrov, Oct 9, 2017.

1. It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

Hi, folks

Is there any changes in Fall Creators Update, when a clean install is performed? I am more concerned about signing in with a local /offline/ account during setup and later switch to MS account. A screenshot of that particular window will be greatly appreciated.

The reason for doing that many of you know:
    When I clean-install with a local account, my name appears correctly in c:/users as a normal user name. Months ago when I tried to sign in with a MS account instead during the setup, my name was not fully displayed and that was kinda annoying for me, so I just dropped it...
    Has this been yet fixed?
    Thank you all

:)

Ivan Petrov, Oct 9, 2017
  2. DAOWAce Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Lag

Still experiencing this with the W10 FCU.

Windows Vista? Updates UI instantly.

Windows 7? Updates UI.. quickly.

Windows 10? Updates UI slowly.

I thought Windows was supposed to get better over time, not worse.

DAOWAce, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Can't Find IE11

no box to check for it in the "Turn Windows features on or off" area.

They have been fiddling with the implementation in W10 FCU. See if you can find it under Manage Optional Features.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

Initial account creation works the same. If you want the exact user name that you type in, then you have to skip the screens for creating a Microsoft Account until you get to the screen that creates a local account. Create the local account first, then convert it to use a Microsoft Account login. I don't have screenshots, though.

In addition, it's a good idea to always have 1 local account on the computer that has administrator privileges - and make sure you remember the username and password for it. That will keep you from getting locked out of your computer should Microsoft decide to mess with your Microsoft Account login or you erroneously change the password/security requirements and lock yourself out.

NavyLCDR, Oct 9, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "When I clean-install with a local account, my name appears correctly in c:/users as a normal user name. Months ago when I tried to sign in with a MS account instead during the setup, my name was not fully displayed and that was kinda annoying for me, so I just dropped it...
    Has this been yet fixed? "

EXACTLY the way to set up a new computer or clean install so you get your preferred User name, then convert to MS account. I installed Fall Creators as an Upgrade vs clean install so I can't say if the MS account name issue has been fixed or not. I would just do it the way you propose vs the hassle of changing profiles later. Good Luck

mrgeek, Oct 9, 2017
  6. Ivan Petrov, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

1. It's time to prepare for W10 FCU - Similar Threads - prepare W10 FCU

2. FCU upgrade Unusual Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU upgrade Unusual Issue: This morning I am still unable to get a complete working install of the FCU upgrade. The install has completed, I get to the place where you Put in your password for my Local Account, the screen comes up that more updates need to be installed and that process continues then...
  3. FCU does not do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU does not do anything: After downloading and running Windows10Upgrade9252.exe i get this screen and nothing else: [img] Checking Task Manager shows no CPU , no I/O, and no network activity. So I hit Exit. I did get a Windows10Upgrade directory with lots of stuff on my C: drive, but I am...
  4. FCU messed up apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FCU messed up apps: After the FCU, a clean install, 90% of the tiles in the start menu have a downward arrow on them. When you highlight them they all say the same thing....."A great App is on it's way". What gives? [img] 95712
  5. Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU: Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel 7260-AC Mini-PCIe 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth adapter. Prior to Fall Creators Update, everything is working fine. However with Fall...
  6. Update from AU to FCU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from AU to FCU?: My desktop PC is running the AU (W10 Pro) since I have deferred updates. My laptop just upgraded to the FCU which I'm happy with. Is there any problem just letting my desktop PC upgrade straight from the AU to FCU (missing out the CU)? 96317
  7. Preparing for W10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for W10 Upgrade?: How should I prepare for Windows 10 upgrade on this PC? Specs: AMD Athlon x4 860K @ 4GHz Nvidia Geforce GTX 750Ti 1TB 7200RPM HDD 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 current OS Why do I ask this? Well, the last time I attempted the upgrade..I...
  8. Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Clean Up FCU falling asleep during working time: Hi there, Something new I have discovered in the FCU: When I ran Disk Clean up seems like working properly. But at the end when cleaning Windows Defender stuff the small window of Disk Clean up doesn't disappear by itself anymore, I have to click somewhere on desktop and...
  9. FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

in Windows 10 Support
    FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?: I just had the FCU installed and one of the first things that showed up in EDGE which was open when the reboot finished was the option to link an iPhone to the PC. It says I really can't find what this feature does and what advantage it would have, or more importantly, what...
  10. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    FCU and DisplayLink Drivers: After the install and reboot of the FCU, a pop up message said that the DisplayLink driver installed on my laptop was not compatible with FCU and has been removed. I had used DisplayLink to connect a second monitor to my HP Laptop via USB. After the reboot, my three...