Windows 10: iTunes and File Explorer metadata

Discus and support iTunes and File Explorer metadata in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Meg324, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Meg324 Win User

iTunes and File Explorer metadata

Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it is not able to do that. If I change anything in iTune's Song Info, it does not automatically edit in the File Explorer anymore. So, I have to edit it separately. Can this be fixed?Thank you...

:)

Meg324, Dec 1, 2021
  2. CanAm Win User

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Dec 1, 2021
  3. FRMCPR Win User
    How to export an explorer file list WITH METADATA (e.g., "Length") to excel?

How to export a Windows explorer file list WITH METADATA (e.g., "Length") to excel?

FRMCPR, Dec 1, 2021
  4. jld4444 Win User

Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files.

It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on audio files so that my 14,000+ audio files organize correctly for playlists, etc., and I like proper metadata on video files as good practice.

Audio files are largely .mp3, and video files are either .mp4 or .wmv.

I have tried Properties > Details on individual files in File Explorer and several tag/metadata editors that have worked great for years. Some tag editors will show the metadata/tags it allegedly saved, but when I go back to File Explorer
    they're not there. I have also ensured that the same metadata/tag categories I edited in tag editors display in File Explorer.

I've also tried some suggestions from forums:

• Making sure proper permissions are granted
    • Ensuring I'm signed in to Microsoft
    • Copying a file and trying to edit the copy's metadata/tags
    • Copying the files to new and existing other folders and trying to edit
    • Ensuring the files are not read-only

Any ideas on what could have made the metadata/tags uneditable all of a sudden, and more importantly how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

jld4444, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

1. iTunes and File Explorer metadata - Similar Threads - iTunes File Explorer

2. View pdf metadata in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View pdf metadata in windows file explorer: Hello!I am trying to get the file explorer to display author metadata for pdfs. Using exiftool.exe I can see that the author information is in the pdf metadata but when viewing file properties->details there is no author information. I can search for the author in file...
  3. View pdf metadata in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View pdf metadata in windows file explorer: Hello!I am trying to get the file explorer to display author metadata for pdfs. Using exiftool.exe I can see that the author information is in the pdf metadata but when viewing file properties->details there is no author information. I can search for the author in file...
  4. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  5. File Explorer and media metadata tags

File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  6. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  7. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  8. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Metadata not showing on File Explorer: Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. File Explorer fails to show metadata?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?: I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file: [img] I created this file on this same desktop before the...