Windows 10: iTunes.exe - where is it found?

Discus and support iTunes.exe - where is it found? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed iTunes on my PC in order to backup my iPhone apps and data. The installation was made from the Microsoft Store. However, I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fortitude, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Fortitude Win User

iTunes.exe - where is it found?

I installed iTunes on my PC in order to backup my iPhone apps and data. The installation was made from the Microsoft Store.

However, I cannot find where itunes.exe is located on my PC. The Windows Start menu does have an entry for iTunes, which I used for my backup, but does not provide any clue about where the actual executable is located. I need this information in order to create an entry in a toolbar that I use for PC management purposes.

Any ideas where itunes.exe is hiding?

EDIT: I found a couple of links C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\itunes.exe and c:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa\iTunes.exe. These however are not the actual exe file, but references to it. Anyway, I'm looking for the iTunes thumbnail, if possible which my toolbar would detect in itunes.exe, if I could find it.

EDIT 2: OK, I answered my own question. It may help others. I found itunes.exe in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_12095.7.41059.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe.

:)

Fortitude, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Jun 18, 2019
  3. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 18, 2019
  4. iTunes.exe - where is it found?

how to unistall then reinstall itunes in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to try uninstall iTunes from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps to uninstall iTunes:

• Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install iTunes in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the iTunes and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the iTunes install and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

iTunes.exe - where is it found?

1. iTunes.exe - where is it found? - Similar Threads - iTunes exe where

2. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Lately, whenever I copy and paste something or change the font of something in Microsoft Word or Excel, I repeatedly get "splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found" warnings. I can get three or even over a dozen of these just from a single CTRL+C or CTRL+V command. I've seen a few...
  3. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Dear experts, I have recently installed a Canon printer LBP623Cdw, and everything was working fine until I had a problem with my Microsoft Office 365 something to do with the Sensitivity Label, it keeps asking me to set a label, but yet it couldn't find the template or etc....
  4. Unrecognized .exe file found.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrecognized .exe file found.: Hey! I have Windows 10 20H2 installed in my computer. Once I was using my computer I just went for Data Usage Overview just for check in. While I was scrolling down I found an .exe file named 71c8.tmp.exe. I just want to know whether it is a malware or any other kind of file...
  5. Folder Is no where to be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Is no where to be found: Yesterday I made a folder, and decided to give it a custom Icon. I used the custom icon, but saw it had a border so I found a new icon for the folder and deleted the previous one, before removing the icon. Now that folder is gone, completely gone. First I went to the command...
  6. Where to store .exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to store .exe files?: New to windows. When you download a small program that is just an .exe file and no installer, where do you put it? submitted by /u/rkruegs123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6keea/where_to_store_exe_files/
  7. Where to download iTune for window 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where to download iTune for window 10?: For window 10, I would like to know on whether I should download iTune from Apple.com or Microsoft Store. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  8. WiFi is no where to be found.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi is no where to be found.: So a few months back, I got this linksys WiFi extender for my pc. It’s was cool and all but I just wanted to switch back to wireless connection. But I cannot do that, my WiFi is literally no where to be found on win10. It’s no where in my device manager, network and internet,...
  9. iTunes.exe - where is it found?

in Windows 10 Support
    iTunes.exe - where is it found?: I installed iTunes on my PC in order to backup my iPhone apps and data. The installation was made from the Microsoft Store. However, I cannot find where itunes.exe is located on my PC. The Windows Start menu does have an entry for iTunes, which I used for my backup, but does...
  10. Where is the install for iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the install for iTunes: answer the subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-install-for-itunes/893f9afa-df32-40b3-b6ac-6ead50845407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes.exe location

2. itunes.exe itunes windows 10

3. where can i find the itunes.exe

4. itunes exe windows 10,
  5. where is itunes.exe stored windows 10,
  6. find itunes.exe on windows 10,
  7. itunes exe for win 10,
  8. AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AppleInc.Defaults.exe,
  9. itunes.exe,
  10. itunes exe file location windows 10,
  11. what folder is itunes.exe,