Windows 10: itunes failed installation error code 1603

Discus and support itunes failed installation error code 1603 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new laptop and i was installing the various important apps and when i tried to install itunes it failed and I received the following error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bradpitch92, Dec 10, 2017.

1. itunes failed installation error code 1603

I got a new laptop and i was installing the various important apps and when i tried to install itunes it failed and I received the following error message

itunes failed installation error code 1603 [​IMG]

I looked in Event Viewer and i found this message during the time when i tried to install the latest itunes version (12.7.2.58)

So I tried to install an earlier version (12.6.0.95) and it did actually install. However, I received the following errors as i tried to load itunes

I'm not exactly sure where to go from here and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    My issue is nearly identical to this post (iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603 Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums) but it's a bit old and I wanted to see if anyone has new ideas on how to fix it and why it happened in the first place. I did buy the computer off craigslist but it has worked great and I haven't encountered any other issues.

:)

bradpitch92, Dec 10, 2017

2. Silverlight 1603

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

"Message ID : 1603" means the previous version of Silverlight has not been uninstalled clearly.

Please try fix Silverlight first, then install the latest version of Silverlight. If it doesn't work, please try the following suggestions:

How To: Fix Silverlight install failure at 99%, code 1603 or generic Unknown Error

Installation of Silverlight Fails with a generic error 1603 "Installation failed"

INSTALL FAILS ERROR CODE 1603 omg DONT TELL ME THE SAME CR*P AGAIN PLEEEZE !!!

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 10, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

itunes failed installation error code 1603

You can try installing it under compatability of earlier windows.

MrHudson, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    Had you restored to a point before the first attempt ? If You don't have a restore point you'll have to manually search for and delete everything related to Apple. registry included. You might have to disable Defender ? but I haven't had any problems without doing that.

Bat 1, Dec 18, 2017
  6. Do you mean an earlier version of itunes? I'm not exactly sure
    I'm not able to as i recently bought this computer used. I have searched for 'apple' and deleted everything i could find. I believe Defender and my other antivirus software was disabled. How do i delete anything apple related from the registry?

bradpitch92, Dec 18, 2017
  7. reddice Win User
    Try Revo Uninstaller the free version which you can now use to uninstall 64-bit programs. Check everything off it wants to delete, reboot and try again.

reddice, Dec 18, 2017
  8. itunes failed installation error code 1603

I tried and Revo didn't find any apple related items

bradpitch92, Dec 19, 2017
  9. MrHudson Win User
    In task search bar, type in run, in there type in regedit. regedit brings up your registry. you can search there for any apple related items and try deleting them there.

MrHudson, Dec 19, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    Meant, same download but using windows compatability troubleshooter to install like for instance installing on Windows XP SP2.

MrHudson, Dec 19, 2017
  11. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi bradpitch92. Since you bought your pc used it might be that all of the Apple software components were not uninstalled in the correct sequence. Check this link out and follow the uninstall preceedures. Remember that the sequence is important.
    Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

After you do that then you might be able to reinstall iTunes. Post back the results.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

itunes failed installation error code 1603

1. itunes failed installation error code 1603 - Similar Threads - itunes failed installation

2. Error 1603

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1603: Hi I was installing java jre 8u333 ib windows 11 but i am keep on getting error 1603. I have tried the methods on internet but nothing worked. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1603/59a322c0-0888-428d-bb50-d098075d3f33
  3. Microsoft Installer Error 1603

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Installer Error 1603: Symptom: When installing a TurboTax software update, the following error occurs: "A fatal error occurred during installation. I've disabled all the antivirus, antimalware, firewall, desktop for both McAfee and Windows to install a TurboTax update. I've been on the phone...
  4. TurboTax 2020 failing with Microsoft Installer error 1603

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TurboTax 2020 failing with Microsoft Installer error 1603: I'm getting this message when launching TurboTax 2020: "2020 TurboTax updater fails with Microsoft Installer error 1603". After HOURS of research, I'm getting nowhere and Intuit's TurboTax support site is useless. Can anyone help with this? Thank you....
  5. Error 1603

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1603: Hi So i was tryin to install Alienware Command Center on my Dell G5 5590 (its compatible), then in the middle of installation and the following error came up: Error: -1603 fatal error during installation. I got the software from dell's website and already tried different...
  6. Error Code 1603

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 1603: Hi, I am trying to reinstall FSX on Windows 10 but i get Error code 1603 when I try to reinstall it,? Help. Mick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1603/a971a31c-dccd-4097-b321-c88a347f590f
  7. Error codes 1722 & 1603

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error codes 1722 & 1603: Unable to restore FSX in windows 10 Have downloaded the license reset tool and run it from command prompt admin,but all i get is no such command. Would appreciate any guidance you could give. Yours Mr Brian Plumley...
  8. iTunes fails to install

iTunes fails to install: I am trying to install iTunes 12.2.1 on Windows 10 Pro. During installation I get two errors, I believe they are connected. I am running this as Administrator from a User account. I have also tried running it with Windows 7 compatibility checked, same result. This is the...
  9. Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Failing to install itunes, Onenote, and more.. error code 0x080070005: Hello, Windows 10 Build 1511 (I rolled back from anniversary update because my Logitech webcam software stopped working) Trying upgrade iTunes to latest version or installing Onenote etc... = fail with error code 0x080070005. Any ideas please? Thanks John 78875
  10. iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603

iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603: I just got a new phone, and I was having a problem getting iTunes to recognize it. I was able to sync my old phone and my iPad, but not my new phone. One of the suggestions was to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it -- so I uninstalled it, but now I cannot reinstall it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot