Windows 10: iTunes fails to install

Discus and support iTunes fails to install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install iTunes 12.2.1 on Windows 10 Pro. During installation I get two errors, I believe they are connected. I am running this as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrGlick, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DrGlick Win User

iTunes fails to install

I am trying to install iTunes 12.2.1 on Windows 10 Pro. During installation I get two errors, I believe they are connected. I am running this as Administrator from a User account. I have also tried running it with Windows 7 compatibility checked, same result.

This is the first error:

iTunes fails to install [​IMG]

The installation continues for a little bit, then it throws this error:

iTunes fails to install [​IMG]

At this point the installation fails.

My brother is in an identical situation; both of us have identical machines, upgraded from Windows 7 (where iTunes worked) to Windows 10, did a system refresh, and encountered this problem. Installing either version 11 or 10.7 do not throw either of these errors, however upon launch, it said it was not installed properly and would need to be reinstalled.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

**** EDIT ****

SOLVED! Solution here: iTunes install error on Windows 10 - - Microsoft Community

:)

DrGlick, Aug 3, 2015
  2. DrCandle Win User

iTunes 12.6 fails to install

iTunes 12.6 downloads but fails to install because of "signature" failure.

DrCandle, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

iTunes fails to install

Slugger, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

iTunes fails to install

1. iTunes fails to install - Similar Threads - iTunes fails install

2. itunes will not install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    itunes will not install: I have an HP but cannot install itunes. It downloads, but when I click on "launch" I receive this message:" the itunes library .itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file. I talked to apple support and they said it was a MS...
  3. Itunes repair failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes repair failed: The repair failed because some itunes services are occupied. please restart your pc. i tried multiple restart still getting this error while repairing itunes with imyphone tunesfix tool. please help...
  4. installing itunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing itunes: I am trying to download itunes from microsoft. I get the following error message: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. I am clueless, any idea how to proceed....
  5. iTunes failed

iTunes failed: Mp3s won't play on my windows 10 PC. iTunes won't open Also, iTunes will not uninstall ; error code 0x80073cf6. What do I need to do to get iTunes back, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-failed/609fefe7-5945-4ef1-b5f0-f2af8829578b
  6. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  7. itunes install

itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  8. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  9. itunes failed installation error code 1603

itunes failed installation error code 1603: I got a new laptop and i was installing the various important apps and when i tried to install itunes it failed and I received the following error message [img] . I looked in Event Viewer and i found this message during the time when i tried to install the latest...
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894