Windows 10: iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow

Discus and support iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; M Store will display iTunes logo but nothing happens when clicking. Also in Start menu, iTunes never loads, neither does several other items such as MS... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TerryHill5, Nov 5, 2019.

1. iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow

M Store will display iTunes logo but nothing happens when clicking. Also in Start menu, iTunes never loads, neither does several other items such as MS Solitaire, etc. Also unable to download iTunes through MS store. Get msg "You will need a new appto open this MS-Windows-store link. Have updated Windows several times.

:)

TerryHill5, Nov 5, 2019

2. Itunes wont download

Hi Mister-DJ,

Downloading an incorrect version of iTunes on your computer is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to download it. To ensure that an appropriate version is selected, we suggest that you check the system type on your computer, whether it's 32-bit
    or 64-bit. Once verified, then download the appropriate iTunes version.

To verify the system type, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key, then select Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Under System, look for System type.

Feel free to update us should you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So lately I was faced by the following symptoms :
    1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store
    2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled
    3 - All my previous sorted tiles were reseted

I managed to research and here is what I attempted along the way :
    1 - I found number of pages that claimed start menu now is no longer a matter of links to sort , but more like yet another database managed by indexing service (which I doubt because it doesn't really show everything installed) and it suggested running re-indexing to sort start menu shortcut issues where I did that but status remained the same
    2 - Suggestions of re-installing apps where the hidden apps still did not show after re-installation
    3 - Suggestion to reset store using WSReset.exe (nothing)
    4 - Suggestion to run Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} to totally reset the store (nothing)
    5 - Suggestion to Run > shell:AppsFolder and then right click apps to find their locations and sort them where the apps showing are found their , their location lead to older windows folder structure of start menu where the rest of the missing software shows but they still wont show on start menu

So any hints on how to edit the bloody menu to reflect store apps installed and adding other missing installed software shortcuts ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 5, 2019
  4. iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow

Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple

I wanted to uninstall iTunes from Apple, and the install iTunes from MS Store.

Reason: rumours that the Apple IT is full of bloatware.

After installing IT from MS Store, I now cannot run any version of iTunes.

Here's the history:

- Uninstall IT using Control Panel.
    - Download and install IT from MS Store.
    - Click Launch.
    - Get message "iPhone driver not installed". Progress bar completes.
    - Get message "Driver required for iPhone not installed. Pls check Win Update settings"
    - Click Settings > Update & Security > Win Updates
    - Get message "Install error 0x8007ffff"
    - Go to Device Manager > Portable Devices > Apple iPhone > Update driver
    - Get hex error message as above.

Decide to abandon IT from MS Store and reinstall IT from Apple

Get message "One or more computers have installed IT from MS Store. Must uninstall these"

But IT is no longer in Control Panel (see first step above), therefore can't uninstall *Smile

I would be grateful for any advice. I'm no techie, but I'm comfortable in the registry, if necessary.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow

1. iTunes failure to download in MS Store, also Start menu wont allow - Similar Threads - iTunes failure download

2. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  3. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store wont open, and wont download: Hey, I have tried absolutely everything. I cannot download or open MS store. Every time I try to open it it says I need to download a new app to open it. So I try to download it but the only thing that downloads when I click the download links is a pdf of terms and...
  4. MS store wont open, and wont download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store, wont allow me to get Itunes?

Microsoft store, wont allow me to get Itunes?: I go the microsoft store and click itunes, then I go to click "Get" in the blue bar... and im directed to a pop up to login to my Microsoft account so I do that, and it takes me back to the page with Itunes and the "Get" button???Its not downloading or anything? What am I...
  6. iTunes app won’t download through the ms store

iTunes app won’t download through the ms store: I have a laptop with windows 10 in s mode. I’m trying to download iTunes through the Microsoft store but it won’t download. Why? I updated windows, it still doesn’t work. I think it has something to do with windows 10 & my laptop being in a mode. Can that be it?...
  7. Issue downloading Itune from MS web store

Issue downloading Itune from MS web store: After clicking on itune app in Microsoft Store it's getting stuck at "Starting download" I reboot my laptop few times but no help, Any idea what could be the issue...
  8. (MS Store) Stuck Start-Menu Icon after Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (MS Store) Stuck Start-Menu Icon after Installation Failure: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ITtLEaLLen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khouqv/ms_store_stuck_startmenu_icon_after_installation/
  9. Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.

Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.: So. I ran across my old IPod and was in the process of getting it working again. I went to the Apple website, to their ITunes web page, and I was only given one link, to the MS Store, no direct link was available to me. So I pop into the MS Store for the first time ever and I...
  10. downloading itunes from the store

downloading itunes from the store: I have had to buy a new laptop and went to download itunes from the store and the Free button is greyed out? I still have my old hard drive which is working with everything intact set up as an external hard drive, will i have to use that to try an recover itunes so i can...