Windows 10: iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

Discus and support iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys Since installing Windows 10 Enterprise and delivering group policy from AD. iTunes will not restore any devices after the 1st device, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Apr 13, 2019.

1. ancient Win User

iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

Hey Guys

Since installing Windows 10 Enterprise and delivering group policy from AD.
    iTunes will not restore any devices after the 1st device, I get as far as preparing to restore and then just get a blank screen on the iPad.
    I have the latest itunes installed...if I use revo uninstaller to remove itunes and all left overs, then re-install itunes, it works again for 1 device then after I restart windows, the problem returns.

Anyone else come across this before, any ideas?

Thanks

:)

ancient, Apr 13, 2019
  2. DR.Death Win User

Ipod is stuck...

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    • Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
    • If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

try that

To restore your iPod mini:

* Warning: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

How to restore your iPod:

1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. After a few moments, it will appear in the Source list in iTunes.
    4. Select your iPod in the Source list and you will see information about it appear in the Settings tab of the main iTunes windows.
    5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.

6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.

Restore Instruction 1: Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
    Restore Instruction 2: Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).

7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

or this

DR.Death, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Ipod restore didn't restore?

Okay i finally got my ipod touch 4th gen firmware 4.2.1 to restore and after it finishes it says your ipod will start in a few seconds and will show up in itunes but instead of doing that........it instead says: your ipod is in recovery mode please restore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!

ANY help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

blackjack.........

Blackjack49, Apr 13, 2019
  4. iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

HELP! Ipod Restore NOT working!!

if it turns out it is pointing to the cydia servers then itunes cant talk to it mate he will have to change it back to the itunes server first so it can be shift restored

white phantom, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

1. iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank - Similar Threads - iTunes restoring devices

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. Restoring stuck System Restore Point

Restoring stuck System Restore Point: I had made a restore point for windows 11 but making a pc customisation but the customisation was not good. So, I tried to restore it from that restore point that i created earlier. But It's almost 2 hours and the process is still not completed. What to do???...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. Stuck at restoring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at restoring: Hello sir I have done system restore and now it is stuck at restoring registry files for an hour please tell me what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-restoring/ed44bc09-963a-4f83-a489-c24dd0131e05
  9. iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

in Windows 10 Support
    iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank: Hey Guys Since installing Windows 10 Enterprise iTunes will not restore any devices after the 1st device, I get as far as preparing to restore and then just get a blank screen on the iPad. I have the latest itunes installed...if I use revo uninstaller to remove itunes and...
  10. iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank

iTunes not restoring devices, stuck at preparing to restore blank: Hey Guys Since installing Windows 10 Enterprise and delivering group policy from AD. iTunes will not restore any devices after the 1st device, I get as far as preparing to restore and then just get a blank screen on the iPad. I have the latest itunes installed...if I use...