Windows 10: Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10

Discus and support Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The lazy centennial app is terrible. I am really tired of these lazy dev's even Spotify and Amazon Music went the lazy centennial app way which I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by reddice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. reddice Win User

Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10

The lazy centennial app is terrible. I am really tired of these lazy dev's even Spotify and Amazon Music went the lazy centennial app way which I then went back to the desktop versions of those which ran better when I subscribed to them.

Anyway I used the so called Windows 10 app and iTunes would randomly lock up but the music kept playing. Had enough and installed the desktop version back again just the minimum which is Apple Application support x64 and iTunes and then I disable everything running on startup. I don't have no iPhone so I don't sync anything. Just use iTunes for Apple Music and converting CDs to AAC audio.

reddice, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Dave44 Win User

Download: iTunes app | Microsoft Store

Read more: Play your favorite music, movies, and more with iTunes: now available in Microsoft Store - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Dave44, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Itunes Control App for Windows 10 Phone

I downloaded iTunes Control app from the Microsoft Store for my Windows 10 phone. All I have is the one screen indicating iTunes Control with a save icon as well as a settings icon. The setting icon gives me a message "iTunes connection - There seems to
    be a connection problem with iTunes control server application. Please verify the IP setting and if the server application is running and receiving requests.....".

Does anyone know how to fix/ use this app with iTunes? Assuming it works with Windows phone due to the fact it was downloaded from the Microsoft Store onto my Windows 10 phone. Help, please!!!!

GinaRichardson, Apr 25, 2018
  4. M. Day Win User

No longer able to access iCloud calendar in Outlook after a Windows update

Original title: Windows 10 Download

Microsoft pushed an update to Windows 10 this week. I am no longer able to access my iCloud calendar in Outlook. When I attempt to "authorize" my iPhone and iPad in iTunes I continue to receive an error message, "We could not complete your iTunes Store
    request. The requested resource was not found. There was an error in the iTunes Store." I've already fixed the Word issue caused by this new push. Is there a fix for iCloud in Outlook and my devices?

M. Day, Apr 25, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    Me too, thanks! I always hated iTunes on Windows - hopefully this will work better.

6. Hmmm, what if one already uses the conventional iTunes for windows software? I’d be interested to know if the two installations play nicely with each other? I assume they’ll both try to create iTunes music folders in similar places and create problems. Is there any benefit to having iTunes installed via the store as opposed to using the normal desktop version?

Scottyboy99, Apr 26, 2018
  7. Dave44 Win User
    it uninstalls desktop version when you use store version

Dave44, Apr 26, 2018
  8. lx07 Win User

I'm hoping it will not interfere so much with Windows which the old version did... We will see. Store apps are more constrained when it comes to interfering with the OS than the old legacy ones as far as I know (which is not too much on this subject).

9. SoFine409 Win User
    I suspect it's the same app that you can download from Apple. Why would Apple create a special version just got the Windoes Store, doesn't make sense?

SoFine409, Apr 26, 2018
  10. Ok thanks. I think I’ll sit on the fence for now. I’ve got about 4000 tracks and many movies all locally stored aswell as in the cloud. Using iTunes Match (not Apple Music). I think an uninstall and reinstall might cause the iCloud music library to wobble. It’s pretty unpredictable as it is. But it sounds positive and good for Windows S users!

11. Dave44 Win User
    it transferred all my music got over 8800 songs

Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Dave44, Apr 26, 2018
  12. AntJac Win User
    Wonder if this app opens automatically when your device is connected. The Apple standalone version stopped doing that for me ages! The device is still recognised though

AntJac, Apr 26, 2018
  13. Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10

It’ll be interesting to see if Apple drops the desktop version for windows in the future and focuses on this UWP app as the only way to use iTunes on windows 10. Personally I hope not as I prefer traditional desktop software over UWP stuff but I wouldn’t be surprised if this a happened

14. Steve C Win User
    Does the store app offer the same extensive functionality and user control as the desktop program?

Steve C, Apr 26, 2018
  15. Dave44 Win User
    exactly the same

Dave44, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Itunes now in Microsoft Store for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Itunes Microsoft Store

2. iTunes from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    iTunes from Microsoft Store: Hi,Would you know why iTunes from Microsoft Store is often not starting in Windows 10 although there are several Processes running ?What can I do to solve that issue ?Regards,Jerry...
  3. itunes not opening in the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    itunes not opening in the Microsoft Store: Hi, I am unable to download itunes, when i attempt to Get itunes it does not open, the box appears but it's empty. Please help, i need to get it downloaded on my Windows 10 system Thanks Winston Massiah...
  4. Installing iTunes with Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes with Microsoft Store: I am trying to cancel my YouTube premium account, which is managed through iTunes. I no longer have an apple device, so I have to install iTunes on my computer, which is running Windows 10. When I go to apple.com to download iTunes, it directs me to Microsoft Store to...
  5. iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes)

iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes): I switch between headphones and speakers. This works fine with my current audio configuration with both the Windows Media Player and Amazon Music. With iTunes from the Microsoft store, if one changes the output device playback stops and will not restart unless the player is...
  6. Itunes store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Itunes store: How to get Apple Itunes store to display artwork correctly at125% scaling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-store/b677fd77-cedd-4693-9fba-f631bd0fbdf7
  7. iTunes on Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    iTunes on Microsoft store: trying to load itunes comp reads you don't have applicable device linked to your account. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-on-microsoft-store/ea5564c8-3f3b-4b8d-a205-d000d88abfba"
  8. Itunes download from Microsoft Store

Itunes download from Microsoft Store: I download itunes from Mic store, but it not load up. called Apple support they try many ways , till can not get it loaded. they suggest me to call Microsoft to help...
  9. Microsoft 10 and iTunes

Microsoft 10 and iTunes: I just uninstalled iTunes on my HP Envy that uses Microsoft 10. I followed the instructions to uninstall all iTunes Programming. Then, I reinstalled the iTunes app through the Microsoft Store. However, iTunes will still not open. Now, what should I do?...
  10. iTunes won't be in the Microsoft Store this year

in Windows 10 News
    iTunes won't be in the Microsoft Store this year: At Microsoft's Build conference in May this year, officials made a surprising announcement: iTunes would come to the Windows 10 Store before the end of calendar 2017. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this isn't happening this year after all. "We have been working...