Windows 10: itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu

Discus and support itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do i get the iTunes option in the drop down menu "open with" when i right click on a video file ? It used to be there to select. i do not know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnSteele6, Nov 25, 2020.

1. itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu

How do i get the iTunes option in the drop down menu "open with" when i right click on a video file ? It used to be there to select. i do not know what happened to it.

:)

JohnSteele6, Nov 25, 2020

2. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Could this have anything to do with it?

itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu [​IMG]

Have you disabled any Services or Telemetry in any way?

Edwin, Nov 25, 2020
  4. itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu

iTunes 12.4.3.1 is incompatible with Windows 10

Hi,

We do have an option for you to use if your program only works with Windows 7. You can perform Compatibility with a certain program such as your iTunes. To do this, you can check the steps below:

• Look for the program on the Start Menu.
    • Right click and select Open file location.
    • Find the program and right click on it again, and then select Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Select Compatibility mode and on the drop down menu, select Windows 7.
    • Do a test and check if the program is running?

If issue still persists, it would be best to check with the program developer and verify if there is another option available for iTunes to work in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu

1. itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu - Similar Threads - itunes option missing

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  4. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  5. Add a Program to Open With Drop Down Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add a Program to Open With Drop Down Menu?: I downloaded Ruffle to be able to run Flash files if needed, and wanted to associate the .swf file type with the program. Ruffle comes as a portable .exe so I've had to set up the associations manually. I've managed to associate the file with a ProgID in the registry and...
  6. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  7. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  8. Drop Down Menu Options go Blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop Down Menu Options go Blank: I recently had an issue with my Win 10 environment after installing and update. The issue was that the drop down menus had no text in them - they were all blank. At first I thought it had to do with the app that I downloaded - iTunes in this case, which created an Apple...
  9. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  10. Open with drop down menu ALWAYS opens to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Open with drop down menu ALWAYS opens to the left: Hello , please help resolve this annoying issue When selecting a file and open with , there is a drop down menu that to my knowledge by default open always to the right in Windows, but not if it too far right on the screen then it opens to the left . But in my...