Windows 10: ITunes or Windows file deletion issue?

Discus and support ITunes or Windows file deletion issue? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As a result of a disastrous Windows 10 upgrade that had to be corrected by Windows Help techs doing re-installation my music was moved off to a local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ellisconoley, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ITunes or Windows file deletion issue?

As a result of a disastrous Windows 10 upgrade that had to be corrected by Windows Help techs doing re-installation my music was moved off to a local drive, then later back on to my computer. When Itunes was reinstalled had major issues such as duplicate files (perhaps due to playlists not transferring properly), Followed Apple tech advice and deleted duplicates, gave up on playlists and intended to rebuild. Overnight, however all my previous music seems to have disappeared (ITunes can't find it). That music was present yesterday cause I played it. Was primarily mp3 and CD imports. Probably a third of my library that was functioning properly yesterday is gone. mp4s and ITunes purchases all survived.

The reason I ask the question in this Win10 forum is Apple specifically told me today they would never delete and it is a Microsoft Windows 10 issue. Of course the senior tech I got to did not have good reason why, he simply said was something on my machine that was deleting particularly files like mp3s and CD imports.

I have had my PC (2012) checked out hardware wise and bios and looks OK to the local hardware folks. Installed a new harddrive just to be sure. Windows did not have issues when last installing and has run well although I have only MS apps, Google apps, and Itunes on the machine at this point.

Just checking if anyone has seen such an issue with Windows 10 elsewhere. and verifying that Apple is attempting to dodge. I'll remain open to answers!!

Thanks for any help

:)

ellisconoley, Jun 30, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Itunes playlist only shows to "p" when using Windows Phone- App Preview 3 for Desktop

Try removing the iTunes Library.xml file in the iTunes folder.

Disconnect your phone, close the sync app, and close iTunes. Delete the iTunes library.xml file in the iTunes folder. The iTunes folder is found in your Music folder by default.

**WARNING**: There are two very similar files in the iTunes folder: iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Library.xml. Sometimes, the "other" file does not have the .itl file extension. Make sure you
    DO NOT DELETE the .itl file. ONLY delete the XML file. If you can't see any file extensions, make sure they're on for Explorer. Sometimes, you may also find a file called iTunes
    Music.xml. Delete this too.

Also delete the sync app's settings.

For Windows 7 open the Start Menu, copy the line below into the search box and press Enter.

For Windows 8, open the Search charm, copy the line below into the search box and press Enter.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\

Find the folder called "Windows Phone" and delete it.

After you delete the iTunes Library.xml file, open iTunes and give iTunes up to half an hour (depending on library size and network speed) to fully recreate the XML file. Now open the sync app, setup a sync relationship with your phone and try syncing again.

Entegy, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Lumia 920 cannot sync iTunes on Mac?

Try fixing the iTunes Library.xml file.

Disconnect your phone, close the Connector app, and close iTunes. Delete the iTunes library.xml file in the iTunes folder. The iTunes folder is found in your Music folder by default.

**WARNING**: There are two very similar files in the iTunes folder: iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Library.xml. Sometimes, the "other" file does not have the .itl file extension. Make sure you
    DO NOT DELETE the .itl file. ONLY delete the XML file. If you can't see any file extensions, make sure they're on in the Finder's advanced Preferences.

Sometimes, you may also find a file called iTunes
    Music.xml. Delete this too.

Also delete the WP7 Connector's settings. Open a Finder window and from the menubar, go Go>Go to Folder and put this in:

~/Library/Application Support

Find the folder called "Windows Phone 7 Connector" and drag it to the Trash.

After you delete the iTunes Library.xml file, open iTunes and give iTunes up to half an hour (depending on library size and network speed) to fully recreate the XML file. Now open the Connector, setup a sync relationship with your phone and try syncing again.

Entegy, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

ITunes or Windows file deletion issue?

welcome to 10 forums. *Smile yes , many people lose data by upgrading system. so you are the one. did you try use any software for recover ?

Molyy, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

ITunes or Windows file deletion issue?

1. ITunes or Windows file deletion issue? - Similar Threads - ITunes file deletion

2. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes issues: I have uninstalled iTunes several times and re-installed, but when I try to open it, I keep getting a box thast says the previous version of iTunes needs to be uninstalled. It tries to uninstall it but never completes....
  3. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes issues: I have uninstalled iTunes several times and re-installed, but when I try to open it, I keep getting a box thast says the previous version of iTunes needs to be uninstalled. It tries to uninstall it but never completes....
  4. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. iTunes issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    iTunes issue: iTune stays only on the Taskbar. When I click on the icon, it opens the song list in a minimum view so it is even impossible for me to select the track. Everything worked fine a few days ago. I cannot figure out what caused this issue. Thank you in advance...
  6. Issue installing iTunes

Issue installing iTunes: My Windows PC updated today and I have been unable to open iTunes since. So I uninstalled iTunes and attempted to reinstall, I have had a variey of error messages and I have searched them all, some of the suggestions were too scary for me to attempt. I have using the...
  7. iTunes/iPod syncing issues

iTunes/iPod syncing issues: I'm having the same problem that others seem to be having. My problem results when going into iTunes Attributes right-clicking on the iTunes folder in Music and un-checking the read-only attributes box, the un-checking reverts back to "checked" after the folder is closed. I...
  8. Issues with high DPI and iTunes

Issues with high DPI and iTunes: Hi, Is there anything I can do to alleviate some of the visual issues I am getting with iTunes and a few other programs like Chrome where text and fonts are appearing blurred, bleached out or only partially visible. The text is unreadable for any one or a combination of...
  9. Deleting itunes

Deleting itunes: I have been having issues with iTunes so I am trying to delete it so that I can reinstall it but it doesn't show up on the list of programs to delete. I have been on the phone to Apple for support, but they cannot help me until the program is deleted from my laptop. I...
  10. Deleting old iTunes, installing new iTunes to Windows 10

Deleting old iTunes, installing new iTunes to Windows 10: I spent the better part of 2 months trying to resolve a problem loading iTunes/Windows 10 new versions. I've had two iTunes customer support case numbers and spoke to 5 different technicians, all to no avail. I finally got Jasmine/iTunes this morning and she lead me to...