Windows 10: iTunes Start Error

Discus and support iTunes Start Error in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I installed iTunes on my laptop and desktop from the Microsoft Store. When I open iTunes on my laptop, I get the following error from Event Viewer:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jeremy Adderley, Oct 25, 2020.

1. iTunes Start Error

I installed iTunes on my laptop and desktop from the Microsoft Store. When I open iTunes on my laptop, I get the following error from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.10.9.3, time stamp: 0x5f5980d2
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1139, time stamp: 0x468a1bf2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000001b38d
    Faulting process id: 0x32b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ab08df952c49
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_12109.3.52015.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\iTunes.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 2e73c709-404d-4bca-aa03-c0992ea04d26
    Faulting package full name: AppleInc.iTunes_12109.3.52015.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa
    Faulting package-relative application ID: iTunes

It runs on my desktop just fine, so I'm thinking there's something on my laptop that's not on my desktop, OR ntdll.dll on my laptop is messed up. What other information do you need to fix this issue?

Jeremy

:)

Jeremy Adderley, Oct 25, 2020
  2. RickC Win User

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    iTunes error!

Hello,

The error message that you're receiving is generated by iTunes. We highly suggest that you perform the following steps provided on this
    link. Take note that this is for older OS. If you're still encountering
    the same issue after performing the steps you can contact Apple support for further assistance.

Let us know how else we may help you.

Dyan Rey, Oct 25, 2020
  4. iTunes Start Error

Cannot install iTunes in Windows 10 (msi error)

Hello Eddie,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

• How about installing other program or software's?
    • Is this issue specific to iTunes?
    • What is the exact and full error message or code you're getting?

From the description, I can see that you have tried all basic troubleshooting steps. But the problem still appearing. If the problem is appearing only with iTunes, then for better assistance, I suggest you to get in touch with
    iTunes Support team.
    Hope they will guide you with the required information and guide you accordingly.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep posted if you require further assistance, we're happy to help you.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

iTunes Start Error

1. iTunes Start Error - Similar Threads - iTunes Start Error

2. itunes download error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    itunes download error: My iTunes application needed a repair and could not be fixed. The message said to re-download. I uninstalled and then tried to download but get an error message and am unable to download. Is this because apple no longer support iTunes?...
  3. iTunes-iCloud start login problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes-iCloud start login problems: iTunes will not launch any longer. This maybe associated with Windows 10 2014 upgrade. Also, I cannot log into the iCloud app. Not sure if these issues are associated....
  4. ITunes won't start on Windows 10...FIXED

ITunes won't start on Windows 10...FIXED: Here is a fix for those of you who cannot get ITunes to load on Windows 10. It seems the Microsoft store version is junk and doesn't install a full version. Only a partial Restrictions Tab. I wondered why it only took 15 seconds to install. Go to this link and download an...
  5. iTunes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes: I am unable to completely uninstall iTunes so that I can install the latest version of iTunes. I have followed the complete list of steps given to me by a Microsoft Technical Advisor, but I still receive the same error message. "Please remove the previous version of iTunes"....
  6. iTunes Download Error 8003

iTunes Download Error 8003: Albums will not download to PC - get error code 8003. Community groups suggest it is usually a problem with the firewall settings. I've checked the firewall and iTunes is not listed as having access through the firewall so downloads are probably being blocked by the...
  7. Don’t have permission error on iTunes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Don’t have permission error on iTunes: I cannot start iTunes on my laptop running Windows 10 because I received an error ‘don’t have permission’. Yesterday everything was working without any problems but today I encountered this issue. I really have a good music library on iTunes and don’t want to lose it....
  8. iTunes 12 only starts with "run as administrator" ?

iTunes 12 only starts with "run as administrator" ?: This complaint appears on many forums. The two most common solutions are to change running in compatibility mode (when accidentally set to run in Windows 7 mode) or disabling Bluetooth. Neither work for everyone, and disabling BT is a non-starter for many. Now, here is...
  9. Stop iTunes from starting at system login

Stop iTunes from starting at system login: Like the title says: I am trying to prevent iTunes from starting automatically when I login to my Windows 10 machine. I have checked startup folder and there is nothing in there. I am not sure where in the iTunes app preferences to control the app behavior. Any assistance...
  10. iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603

iTunes Installation Error - error status 1603: I just got a new phone, and I was having a problem getting iTunes to recognize it. I was able to sync my old phone and my iPad, but not my new phone. One of the suggestions was to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it -- so I uninstalled it, but now I cannot reinstall it. I...