Windows 10: Itunes Version 12.2.9.6

Discus and support Itunes Version 12.2.9.6 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When iTunes is minimised to the taskbar the previous, pause and next controls do not appear to do anything. I have re-installed iTunes and this is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankW755, Dec 22, 2018.

1. FrankW755 Win User

Itunes Version 12.2.9.6

When iTunes is minimised to the taskbar the previous, pause and next controls do not appear to do anything.

I have re-installed iTunes and this is on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

I have only noticed this since the latest feature update of Windows 10 (December 2018).

:)

FrankW755, Dec 22, 2018

2. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., Dec 22, 2018
  3. iTunes fails to install on Windows 10 with error 2

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access iTunes on Windows 10.

Do let us know the complete error notification along with error code?

I suggest you to uninstall the iTunes software, download the latest version and try to install in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the iTunes software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Itunes Version 12.2.9.6

how to unistall then reinstall itunes in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to try uninstall iTunes from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps to uninstall iTunes:

• Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install iTunes in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the iTunes and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the iTunes install and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Itunes Version 12.2.9.6

1. Itunes Version 12.2.9.6 - Similar Threads - Itunes Version

2. How to Uninstall Microsoft version of iTunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Uninstall Microsoft version of iTunes: How do I uninstall iTunes from the Microsoft Store so that I can install iTunes from Apple? At present I can't find iTunes in either Programs folders, nor in Control Panel - Delete programs, however, when Installing the Apple version gives an error saying the MIcrosoft...
  3. How to Uninstall Microsoft version of iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Uninstall Microsoft version of iTunes: How do I uninstall iTunes from the Microsoft Store so that I can install iTunes from Apple? At present I can't find iTunes in either Programs folders, nor in Control Panel - Delete programs, however, when Installing the Apple version gives an error saying the MIcrosoft...
  4. How to Uninstall Microsoft version of iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes: Hello everybody i have seen a lot of this same question i had the same problem I tried everything i could find and what fixed it was a new usb connection cable i forgot i had a couple of extras and i tried a newer one and it works so try a new USB connection cable that may...
  6. Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes

Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes: Hello everybody i have seen a lot of this same question i had the same problem I tried everything i could find and what fixed it was a new usb connection cable i forgot i had a couple of extras and i tried a newer one and it works so try a new USB connection cable that may...
  7. Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for...: Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for windows 10.0.22000? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store-requires-windows-version/81dec7d5-2d04-4374-bb8d-d616e49f0193
  8. Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for...: Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for windows 10.0.22000? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store-requires-windows-version/81dec7d5-2d04-4374-bb8d-d616e49f0193
  9. Microsoft app store requires windows version 16299.0 or higher so how to install iTunes for...

10. Itunes from microsoft store cannot see my ipod touch 2nd generation device but version at...

Itunes from microsoft store cannot see my ipod touch 2nd generation device but version at...: I am posting this as a discussion topic, and also a question since its both I don't understand why the version at apple's website can see my device, yet the version in microsoft store does not, is the microsoft store version outdated or a older version than 12.12.2.2?So I was...