Windows 10: itunes will not install on win10

Discus and support itunes will not install on win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just updated Win7 to Win10 and tried to install iTunes but, I get the message "This app cant run on your PC" I download the iTunes for my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by russ399, Mar 31, 2016.

1. russ399 Win User

itunes will not install on win10

Just updated Win7 to Win10 and tried to install iTunes but, I get the message "This app cant run on your PC"

I download the iTunes for my PC (itunes6464.exe).

contacted Apple but they were worthless and told me to contact MS...

:)

russ399, Mar 31, 2016

2. can`t install <iTunes

Please provide your Windows 10 architecture.

The majority of Win10 devices are 64 bit(x-64)

If your Win10 device is 64 bit ensure you are using the 64 bit iTunes installer

-
    https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If by chance your Win10 64 bit device has an older video card it may be necessary to use(or revert to) the 64 bit iTunes installer for older video cards which provides better Win10 compatibility for older video.

- Download iTunes 12.4.3 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards)

G. Winston Natoli MS MVP, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Itunes Will Not Install on Windows 10

It still does not work

NathanRzeszewski, Mar 31, 2016
  4. itunes will not install on win10

That should be a good thing!

Stupid question, but are you definitely running a 64 bit version of Windows 10? The download could also be corrupt.

DeaconFrost, Mar 31, 2016
  5. russ399 Win User
    Yep, I'm looking at the control panel-> system settings and it says

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I also downloaded the iTunes install program many times and it always fails.

russ399, Mar 31, 2016
  6. What about right-clicking on the installer and choosing "Run As Admin"? You can also try clearing out your temp files.

DeaconFrost, Mar 31, 2016
  7. Apple are the most unhelpful arrogant entity I've ever had the displeasure to deal with. They think they can do no wrong. 'It just works' is the biggest lie ever. Problem is I like their phones, they dump on MS offerings from a great height. But it doesn't make me like them anymore.

anyway onto the topic at hand. Do you have other Apple software already installed such as Bonjour, Safari, iCloud control panel? It prob won't help but often the advice when encountering an iTunes issue is to uninstall the other products and start again.

Scottyboy99, Mar 31, 2016
  8. russ399 Win User

ran as admin and tried to install after deleting temp files - still not installing...

got more messages but it finally came back and said it cant install.

russ399, Mar 31, 2016
  9. russ399 Win User
    no other apple app installed on this win10 PC.

russ399, Mar 31, 2016
  10. flybynite Win User
    I have absolutely know Idea what is wrong with your install. I am using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy.Build 14295.rs_release.160318-1628, and the iTunes install was effortless. I will proceed to uninstall it just as soon as I post.

itunes will not install on win10 [​IMG]

flybynite, Mar 31, 2016
  11. Double check you haven't got any of these in your programs list, I know you say no Apple software installed but there maybe some less than obvious ones. You just want to ensure your starting on a clean slate entirely Apple free before trying again

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

try a direct download link

this app cant run on your pc | Apple Support Communities

And this is an interesting link, suggests the download is not fully completing in some cases. Maybe try downloading the setup file in a different browser to the one your using

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ff73549?auth=1

Scottyboy99, Apr 1, 2016
  12. flybynite Win User
    I downloaded and installed iTunes as mentioned previously. It also installed FIVE extra programs. *Mad

flybynite, Apr 1, 2016
  13. russ399 Win User

russ399, Apr 1, 2016
  14. Good stuff - it's frustrating when something that should be simple turns it a mass long winded troubleshooting mission but that's Apple for you. Their support should of been aware of the issue and directed you to this but they are too busy counting ££££.

Scottyboy99, Apr 1, 2016
  15. Never liked iTunes from day one although I've used it occasionally over the years and more recently maybe 2010-2011 it used to be terribly compromised bloatware and nag ware and maybe still is for all I know .

I just do lossless 16 & 24 bit music now anyway and I have replaced all my mp3/aac with lossless and or Tidal premium playlists anyway and I don't own a fruit phone or play music on a phone or PDP anyway and I can make whatever I need including CD's or USB for the vehicles from what I have or get in lossless .

IMO Tidal Hifi and Deezer 16/44 lossless FLAC are the only proper ways to stream music outside of a phone or PDP for outside or wherever.maybe even in a car where the ambient noise levels will usually diminish 16/44 and up anyway unless U got real beat in a very quiet ride ☻

We have some work up at iTunes (albums and tracks ) but they get the 24 bit lossless production mixes from the aggregators we use or the producers use and we don't deal with them directly at all and they re encode it to high bit rate .aac themselves
    and likewise Spotify and Pandora etc use high bitrate mp3 ( I don't know what mixes they get from us by the time they get a production ) and a lot of mp3 comes fom CD mixes anyway and Tidal Hifi (premium) and Deezer (premium) *sometimes pass our 24 bit mixes along at 16/44 lossless and we send out CD specific media mixes (sometimes we squash those or a 24 bit mix to 16 bits if that's what the principles want to make them loud or for artistic reasons ) and otherwise for the CD replicators anyway squashed or not and 16 bit club mixes for the clubs .

I never know what they are really streaming at Tidal premium with our mixes until I sample it ,it could be the 16 bit post production CD mix or a 24 bit production mix truncated to 16 bits it's usually out of our hands and up to the principals once the product leaves here and we upload whatever we made to the producers or whomever they designate anyway or give the small frys CD's and or file transfers if that's what they want but in any event we re retain at least the safety masters and or CD mixes and a safety master copy and CD master of any outside production mixes we have work in in case somebody wants a re master down the line or we need it for some reason .

The majority of our catalog and custom digital music projects we make goes out in 24 bits uncompressed formats and sometimes gets squashed & noise shaped or just truncated elsewhere after the vocals get layered in or not it can vary within tracks on the same album also .

OTOH any of the the 24 bit truncated to 16/44 prod. mixes at Tidal premium sourced from 24 bit saftey masters from the labels like usual or otherwise invariably sound better than the squashed CD mixes they stream occasionally which I try to discourage our principals to use outside of CD's or mp3 if they need all that anyway .

blutos cousin, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. itunes will not install on win10 - Similar Threads - itunes install win10

2. Installing iTunes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iTunes.: When trying to install iTunes I get the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version that runs on your PC, check with the publisher" I have tried the latest and a few older versions, same result. Running Win 10, worked fine for years, problem began about...
  3. itunes will not install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    itunes will not install: I have an HP but cannot install itunes. It downloads, but when I click on "launch" I receive this message:" the itunes library .itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file. I talked to apple support and they said it was a MS...
  4. installing itunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing itunes: I am trying to download itunes from microsoft. I get the following error message: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. I am clueless, any idea how to proceed....
  5. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  6. downloading iTunes on new version of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading iTunes on new version of Win10: A box comes up stating that I need to remove the old version of iTunes from my laptop before I can download a newer version of iTunes but I cannot find that app anywhere. What now?...
  7. itunes install

itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  8. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  9. Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall

Reinstalling iTunes After a WIN10 Reinstall: I run WIN10 off an SSD and keep my MP3s and other data on a separate HDD drive. I recently had to do a clean install of WIN10. I backed up my entire iTunes folder to my E:/ HDD drive before the reinstall. I just installed iTunes, and pointed the Music Library to my...
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894