Windows 10: itunes will not install

Discus and support itunes will not install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP but cannot install itunes. It downloads, but when I click on "launch" I receive this message:" the itunes library .itl file is locked, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CorkyHarmon, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:37 PM.

1. itunes will not install

I have an HP but cannot install itunes. It downloads, but when I click on "launch" I receive this message:" the itunes library .itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file.

I talked to apple support and they said it was a MS problem, my computer is blocking it from working. What should I do?

:)

2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

4. RickC Win User

itunes will not install

iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

Thema:

itunes will not install

1. itunes will not install - Similar Threads - itunes install

2. how to install ITUNES on Microsoft Mobile Lumia cellphone running windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install ITUNES on Microsoft Mobile Lumia cellphone running windows 10: how to istall itunes ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-itunes-on-microsoft-mobile-lumia/25b6e473-405b-4350-be73-c4569131184c
  3. I can't install iTunes from the windows store - I get "Something unexpected happened Code:...

I can't install iTunes from the windows store - I get "Something unexpected happened Code:...: I can't install iTunes from the windows store - I get "Something unexpected happened Code: 0x80070057. Actually I can't download anything. I get the same message no matter what I try to download. This is a brand new PC. What is going on?...
  4. I cant install Itunes it tells me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant install Itunes it tells me: I am trying to install itunes and it get this message It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account....
  5. Installing iTunes with Microsoft Store

Installing iTunes with Microsoft Store: I am trying to cancel my YouTube premium account, which is managed through iTunes. I no longer have an apple device, so I have to install iTunes on my computer, which is running Windows 10. When I go to apple.com to download iTunes, it directs me to Microsoft Store to...
  6. Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Itunes cannot remove previous installation despite all efforts: I have followed this uninstall procedure offered up by Apple Support without success: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204275 The Microsoft Store successfully downloads Itunes, but when I click "install" this error surfaces. "Your previous iTunes installation must be...
  7. Install iTunes Store version alongside standalone application?

Install iTunes Store version alongside standalone application?: Windows 10 Home 1909 x64 I have the standalone version of iTunes installed, works fine (except for its inability to display album art with custom DPI settings, but that's minor). Updating is annoying, have to dl huge installer, extract the iTunes and Application Support .msi...
  8. itunes drive location during installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    itunes drive location during installation: I purchased new Dell laptop with two drives - one SSD Cdrive and one HDDDdrive. I want to install itunes on my Ddrive. I have tried several easy suggestions of doing so but none work. I did more research and discovered that MS solution of an easy drive change only pertained...
  9. I don’t know what caused this issue but I installed iCloud Drive or iTunes and when I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know what caused this issue but I installed iCloud Drive or iTunes and when I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigfoot_babe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie3l05/i_dont_know_what_caused_this_issue_but_i/
  10. installing itunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing itunes: I am trying to download itunes from microsoft. I get the following error message: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. I am clueless, any idea how to proceed....