Windows 10: iTunes won't install, uninstall or update on Windows 10

Discus and support iTunes won't install, uninstall or update on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I could not update iTunes so I tried uninstalling it but received a message indicating that the file path was not available. I have tried installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueGray2, Jan 19, 2019.

1. SueGray2 Win User

iTunes won't install, uninstall or update on Windows 10

I could not update iTunes so I tried uninstalling it but received a message indicating that the file path was not available. I have tried installing and uninstalling iTunes from multiple sources, I tried everything I could find. I searched for the path recommended with not success. What else is there to try.

:)

SueGray2, Jan 19, 2019

2. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., Jan 19, 2019
  3. Itunes Update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• What happens when you try to update iTunes?
    I would suggest you to uninstall iTunes and re-install the latest version from the Apple Support website.

Note: Kindly save iTunes files before uninstalling it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. iTunes won't install, uninstall or update on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - iTunes won't install

2. Uninstall itunes from Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall itunes from Window 10: I am trying to uninstall an old version of itunes from Window 10. I get the following pop up window from Windows Installer: "the configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel" I need help and direction to uninstall itunes...
  3. Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall iTunes on a windows 10 PC.: Greetings. This evening iTunes decided to vanish. I noticed the icon was missing from the task bar and the main screen. I called it up on the search bar and the icon appeared when I left clicked the windows icon. However, when I clicked it, nothing happened. I...
  4. Itunes won't open in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes won't open in windows 10: I updated from 7 to 10 and found that I could not open the itunes app that had worked successfully for many years with 7. One day I clicked on the itunes app and as usual it did not open. I then decided to open a browser and a word processing program using both for about 10...
  5. Uninstall and Re-Install of iTunes on Windows 10

Uninstall and Re-Install of iTunes on Windows 10: I have had iTunes as a standalone program on my Windows 10 laptop for some years. Unfortunately it had malfunctioned so I used the Programs and Features to uninstall it. Having loaded the iTunes App from the Microsoft Store I am now receiving the message that the previous...
  6. Not able to uninstall itunes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to uninstall itunes.: I am trying to uninstall Itunes software from my windows 10 operating system. it was corrupted when I tried to install bluetooth software, which has since been deleted. I lost my itunes desk top icon to open program and I am able to open itunes through the search bar. I tried...
  7. Installing itunes on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing itunes on windows 10: I am trying to install apple itunes on my laptop which has windows 10. It says I have to uninstall previous applications, which I have done. I have followed all of the steps and deleted all of the components suggested by apple, emptied the recycle bin and restarted the laptop...
  8. iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update

iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update: I just recently updated Windows 10 now iTunes won't open. I tried a system restore and even tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/02bd1282-5922-4fd6-afa1-cb9691106ffe
  9. can't uninstall iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't uninstall iTunes for Windows: iTunes is listed in my 'Programs and Features', but the icon is a blank sheet. Attempting to uninstall returns the error message: 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder...
  10. uninstall itune

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall itune: uninstall itune https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-itune/6ae1e8e8-4449-455c-a27d-644afa8a9a69