Windows 10: Itunes won't open in windows 10

Discus and support Itunes won't open in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated from 7 to 10 and found that I could not open the itunes app that had worked successfully for many years with 7. One day I clicked on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DerrickWhittaker, May 22, 2020.

1. Itunes won't open in windows 10

I updated from 7 to 10 and found that I could not open the itunes app that had worked successfully for many years with 7. One day I clicked on the itunes app and as usual it did not open. I then decided to open a browser and a word processing program using both for about 10 mins. After approximately 9 mins the itunes app opened and performed normally. Subsequently I have found that clicking on the itunes app if i wait anything from 5 to 15 mins it will eventually open. Subsequently I have tried an uninstall and reinstall to know avail. I have tried following tips from others in the community such as deleting temp files updating other apple apps etc but to know avail.

:)

DerrickWhittaker, May 22, 2020

2. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  4. Itunes won't open in windows 10

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Itunes won't open in windows 10

1. Itunes won't open in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Itunes won't open

2. Windows store won't download Itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store won't download Itunes: The windows store isn't allowing me to download iTunes. It requires me to log in and then states that there is an error on their end. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-wont-download-itunes/ec37c175-2483-4639-af55-3df999c44faf
  3. iTunes not opening

iTunes not opening: Hi team. This morning I discovered that my iTunes will not open, even though it worked fine a few days ago when I last used it. I have contacted Apple and they tried to troubleshoot including many attempts at installing via the Microsoft Store. Although the installation...
  4. itunes opens in task bar but won't maximize

itunes opens in task bar but won't maximize: Itunes opened fine one day and the next it opened in task bar with tiny active screen, but won't open to full screen. I have latest Windows 10 and Itunes updates. Please help me....
  5. itunes not opening

itunes not opening: Can someone please help me. Ive been trying for DAYS to open my itunes, so I can sync my phone to it... before I get a new phone. I cant open itunes at all. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled goodness knows how many times. But still no luck and the icon is still...
  6. ITunes won't start on Windows 10...FIXED

ITunes won't start on Windows 10...FIXED: Here is a fix for those of you who cannot get ITunes to load on Windows 10. It seems the Microsoft store version is junk and doesn't install a full version. Only a partial Restrictions Tab. I wondered why it only took 15 seconds to install. Go to this link and download an...
  7. iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update: I just recently updated Windows 10 now iTunes won't open. I tried a system restore and even tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/02bd1282-5922-4fd6-afa1-cb9691106ffe
  8. Itunes won't reinstall

Itunes won't reinstall: I was having issues with Itunes and was advised to uninstall it (which I did) Now I want to install it again, Microsoft store is telling me that I 'own' it, but won't give me the option to 'insiall' it (that option is greyed out) Even when I go into my library, the only...
  9. Unable to open iTunes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open iTunes: A Windows update corrupted the registry so the operating system had to be reloaded. The following message then appeared when I tried to open iTunes. I then downloaded the latest iTunes upgrade but the message is the same: Message: The file "iTunes Library .itl" cannot be...
  10. iTunes won't launch

iTunes won't launch: I downloaded iTunes to my Windows 10 PC, but it won't launch. What do I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/itunes-wont-launch/4d6ca670-c1e1-483c-a1de-8a7f30e76ed8