Windows 10: I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update

Discus and support I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having this problem for longer than a year now. usually after a windows update, my computer will start getting bluescreens. Mostly it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kNeb, Sep 12, 2019.

1. kNeb Win User

I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update

So I've been having this problem for longer than a year now.

usually after a windows update, my computer will start getting bluescreens.

Mostly it only occurs when I'm playing a 3D game or using a video editing software (I think it happens when I'm using any programmes that use the GPU). the screen and sound freeze for a few seconds then I get a blue screen with the MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR stop code.

also sometimes after an update, I just get random bluescreens with the REFERENCE_BY_POINTER message. this happens no matter what I am doing.

I've posted here about this question before,

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-details/16dbfa39-0bdf-4f38-bb01-db0c43a4c632

till now I've solved the problem with a lot of different methods like running SFC scans, roll back the driver and reinstalling windows 10, but every time there's an update the problem comes back. also, the SFC scan always tells me that it found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

uninstalling updates usually fixs the problems, but it's quite pointless since they will quickly reinstall them self or simply be uninstallable.

So last time I've been told that there's mostly a problem with my graphics driver, but I've tried so many methods and the problem always comes back.

it affects my work schedule a lot and it's been very annoying. is there a way to just fix it once and for all?

:)

2. Jelle Win User

Bluescreen during Windows 10 installation

Thank you for your reply!

Sadly I don't think the problem is the same. The guy was having problems seeing his RAID volume, I believe Windows would be able to see mine if I only could load the driver or refresh the drive list, only everytime I do so I get the bluescreen.

I just thought that I should try a different USB key. I have a 2.0 key where I'm using a 3.0 key right now.

But thank you for reading, I know it is a long post.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Jelle, Sep 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 12, 2019
  4. I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update

1. I've been getting bluescreens everytime there's a windows update - Similar Threads - I've been getting

2. I've been getting several bluescreens the past week, can someone help me find a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been getting several bluescreens the past week, can someone help me find a fix?: The codes I get are either Watchdog violation, attempted to readonly memory or critical process died. I reinstalled windows several times, replaced my ssd and ram, downloaded bluescreen viewer to see whats going on. The main thing that pops up is " ntoskrnl.exe " or...
  3. I've been getting several bluescreens the past week, can someone help me find a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been getting several bluescreens the past week, can someone help me find a fix?: The codes I get are either Watchdog violation, attempted to readonly memory or critical process died. I reinstalled windows several times, replaced my ssd and ram, downloaded bluescreen viewer to see whats going on. The main thing that pops up is " ntoskrnl.exe " or...
  4. windows hardware error i've been getting bluescreens 10-20 times a day .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hardware error i've been getting bluescreens 10-20 times a day .: it says windows hardware error windows shut down unexpectdly windows stopped workingA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa1855a6511a0Parameter 2:...
  5. windows hardware error i've been getting bluescreens 10-20 times a day .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hardware error i've been getting bluescreens 10-20 times a day .: it says windows hardware error windows shut down unexpectdly windows stopped workingA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa1855a6511a0Parameter 2:...
  6. windows hardware error i've been getting bluescreens 10-20 times a day .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I've been getting multiple BSODs recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've been getting multiple BSODs recently: Hello,I've been getting several blue screens of death over the past few weeks. I've already tried the following with no luck, sometimes multiple times:- chkdsk /f on both my HDD and SDD- Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool- Reseating my RAM- Updating my drivers-...
  8. Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarvinostheGreat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg1rwj/hi_ive_been_getting_this_error_whenever_i_try_to/
  9. Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads: Since installing the most recent Windows 10 update, that which included the integrated, improved Edge browser, I have been getting near-daily ads on my desktop, even when no apps or browsers are running. The ads so far have only been for two products...WinZip and Samsung....
  10. I keep getting bluescreen everytime i update my hd graphic driver it took 3 bluescreens to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting bluescreen everytime i update my hd graphic driver it took 3 bluescreens to...: submitted by /u/LigmaV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f78ba7/i_keep_getting_bluescreen_everytime_i_update_my/