Windows 10: I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted

Discus and support I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like many young adults, I spend pretty much all day, every day on my computer playing games. In the last year and a half, I noticed that I began having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewSB2000, Jun 27, 2020.

1. I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted

Like many young adults, I spend pretty much all day, every day on my computer playing games. In the last year and a half, I noticed that I began having mouse issues when playing these said games. Specifically an unresponsive mouse.

At first I thought it was because the mouse I had was incredibly old. So I decided to buy myself a new one. A Red Dragon wireless gaming mouse to be specific:

- Name: Nirvana

- Model: M652

About an hour into my first gaming session with the mouse, it was still unresponsive. Not as unresponsive as my old mouse, but still unresponsive that I noticed it. From there I decided it was probably outdated, so I went into my drivers and updated my mouse drives. There was an update that was needed so I let it do its thing and went to see if it fixed it. Sadly, it didn't.

From there I thought that it was an issue with the actual USB ports. So I bought myself some high pressured air online, and gave it a good blast with the air. Even after that, the mouse still has unresponsive issues. To this day I keep giving my computer a good clean every week just in the vain attempt that it might magically fix it.

I had enough at this point and went through the entire list of components that was listed on the Drivers setting. And unfortunately, still no improvements.

After all this, I recently learned that my mouse actually goes a little off the right and bottom of my screen and is seen bumping at the top and left of my screen when I play games. I went to the internet to see if there was a way to lock my mouse with a program. I tried Cursor lock and that didn't seem to work so I decided that it was a computer issue.

I went to the internet once more and searched up "How to prevent my mouse from going off screen" The First solution it said was to check my monitor's projector mode. It said that if it was set to "extend" then that was the issue. I checked and mine is set to "PC screen only".

I went as far as to check to see if my laptop was for some reason picking up a second monitor but it wasn't

From here I decided that I was too frustrated to keep going. And so I am here. I need help to see if there is anything I missed. Below is a list of things I have tried to see if it would fix the issue I am having

• Changing the screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050
    • Getting a new mouse
    • Keeping my USB ports clean
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse drivers
    • Updating my mouse drivers
    • Updating all my other drivers
    • Checking my monitor's projector mode
    • Using a program to keep my mouse locked
    • Checking if my laptop is detecting a second monitor

I have a few more possible fixes to try out but if there are any fixes any of you can suggest, please provide them cause it is starting to really annoy me when I'm playing games

:)

AndrewSB2000, Jun 27, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 27, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted

1. I've been having mouse problems for a while now and its about time I get it sorted - Similar Threads - I've been having

2. I've been having small audio problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been having small audio problems?: I've had this PC about 4-5 months, its a Intel Core i3-12100 64 bit OS and Processor. UHD graphics 730. And I don't think that the PC is the issue, but I've heard more a less a buzz like sound, maybe static you could say, coming from my speakers. They are 1 to a couple years...
  3. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  4. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  5. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I been having a problem for a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been having a problem for a month now: I've tried everything except restoring my PC to factory settings! There's an update my computer keeps telling me to restart and I have been restarting my PC I restarted it a half of a dozen times and it still tells me to restart. Or it'll shut down and restart on its own....
  7. I been having a problem for a month now

I been having a problem for a month now: I've tried everything except restoring my PC to factory settings! There's an update my computer keeps telling me to restart and I have been restarting my PC I restarted it a half of a dozen times and it still tells me to restart. Or it'll shut down and restart on its own....
  8. I've been having many MANY problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having many MANY problems.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...
  9. I've been having a problem with "windows sonic"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been having a problem with "windows sonic": I've tried both ways to enable it and when i activate it, it just goes back to none/off do i need to install a program? submitted by /u/your_dunkle_sans101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpe67f/ive_been_having_a_problem_with_windows_sonic/
  10. I've been getting this error screen for a while now. Not sure what to do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been getting this error screen for a while now. Not sure what to do.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CyberTac0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqikh0/ive_been_getting_this_error_screen_for_a_while/