Windows 10: I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it.

Discus and support I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I go in the device manager, and I have "show hidden devices" checked and Teredo is still not in the legacy hardware. Could anyone show me how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stinkyshoe7, Aug 28, 2020.

1. I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it.

I go in the device manager, and I have "show hidden devices" checked and Teredo is still not in the legacy hardware. Could anyone show me how to fix this?

submitted by /u/stinkyshoe7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stinkyshoe7, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Teredo adapter missing, cannot install/uninstall

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Were you able to use Teredo adapter previously?
    4. Do you get any error while using Teredo?
    5. Have you installed any VPN?

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 28, 2020
  4. I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it.

Teredo Adapters not installed

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reason why you're unable to install the Teredo Adapters on your computer. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solutions provided on the link below:

Click here

You may also check out this
    link
    for additional troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, we highly recommend that you contact your router manufacturer to help you install the Teredo Adapter on your device.

Kindly notify us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it.

1. I've been having this issue with Teredo and I uninstalled it but now I can't re-install it. - Similar Threads - I've been having

2. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  3. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...: Hello,The problem I am having is icons on my desktop task bar are always turning invisible, everyday, without fail. This only happens with icons in my taskbar and nowhere else on my desktop. All my graphic drivers are up to date as well as my windows version.I can still click...
  4. I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have no idea what's wrong so I've...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I've been having BSOD Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having BSOD Issues: Originally, my BSOD code would say something along the lines of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or something else regarding "KERNEL." I did some research to find a way to self diagnose what was causing my crashes and learned about verifier. I followed a tutorial and selected all none...
  6. I re installed windows on my laptop now I have no space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I re installed windows on my laptop now I have no space?: I used to have 900gb on my laptop. I had to re-intsall windows on it and now I only have 14gb. I dont know how to fix it. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/im_having_a_c-jah [link] [comments]...
  7. Having a teredo issue

Having a teredo issue: I'm having a teredo issue that's making me unable to use the Xbox companion app to stream my Xbox to my pc. It's making me unable to connect to the network server. I've already tried the steps on Microsoft's website with no conclusion. If anyone has any solutions feel free to...
  8. I've been having this problem where Windows refuses to update for months now, and I can't...

I've been having this problem where Windows refuses to update for months now, and I can't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thatotherman001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fena9p/ive_been_having_this_problem_where_windows/
  9. I've been at this for a week now

I've been at this for a week now: I've been getting error 56 Where I can't use the internet Says I don't have a etherent cable connected when I do and it has a warning symbol on the driver's I've tried everything from cmd to shell to uninstalling and installing the driver's and resetting I've troubleshooted...
  10. Now that I've upgraded, how would I re-install in future if needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Now that I've upgraded, how would I re-install in future if needed?: So, I finished upgrading one of my machines from Windows 7 sp1 this morning, and the upgrade went off without a hitch. Very nice! Now my question. What do I do if a year from now I need to reload windows 10. I noted that the product key that was given to me, at least the...