Windows 10: I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

Discus and support I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This isn't the first update performed on this computer but it's the only one that continues to fail. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB as external storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crkrjx, May 17, 2021.

1. Crkrjx Win User

I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

This isn't the first update performed on this computer but it's the only one that continues to fail. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB as external storage because the computer doesn't have a lot of disk space available - I've used this method for past updates so I know it works.This time, however, after the files are downloaded and installed and as it restarts, I'm prompted to insert the external storage which is already inserted and to click okay - but nothing happens when I do that so I click cancel and it moves along through the restart.I have completed all of the suggestions given if 20H2 i

:)

Crkrjx, May 17, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 17, 2021
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 17, 2021
  4. I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-freeing-up-space-to-install-latest-update

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it... c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, May 17, 2021
Thema:

I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

1. I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it... - Similar Threads - I've been trying

2. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I've been completely locked out of my laptop.: I'm not entirely certain what is going on, but I will be completely honest so as to get the best help I'm able to.My laptop is an old one, it is the Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL and the model is 80TJI use Windows 10Normally, on account of how old my laptop is, it takes a good...
  3. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been completely locked out of my laptop.: I'm not entirely certain what is going on, but I will be completely honest so as to get the best help I'm able to.My laptop is an old one, it is the Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL and the model is 80TJI use Windows 10Normally, on account of how old my laptop is, it takes a good...
  4. I've been completely locked out of my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've been trying to install updates for ages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've been trying to install updates for ages: There are two updates on my pc that absolutely refuse to install. I've tried countless things, the troubleshooter, downloading them from the catalogue and nothing seems to work and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. About an hour ago I went and checked windows update and...
  6. Unable to Update (20H2); I've been trying to go for the latest windows version but it's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Update (20H2); I've been trying to go for the latest windows version but it's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ADreamySailor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltlfc6/unable_to_update_20h2_ive_been_trying_to_go_for/
  7. Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...

Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarvinostheGreat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg1rwj/hi_ive_been_getting_this_error_whenever_i_try_to/
  8. Have been trying to update to 20H2 from 1909

Have been trying to update to 20H2 from 1909: So... I have been trying to update my windows to get the latest features but I have been having this issue were it just stays stuck in a certain percentage in both the media creation tool and the update manager. Does anyone know how to.fix I this? submitted by...
  9. (Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...

(Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Derpy_Aura [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf09xc/windows_10_update_error_ive_been_trying_to/
  10. Various Windows Issues- I've been having issues on my pc lately. I've tried updating and...

Various Windows Issues- I've been having issues on my pc lately. I've tried updating and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trollz456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edqa10/various_windows_issues_ive_been_having_issues_on/