Windows 10: I've been trying to install updates for ages

Discus and support I've been trying to install updates for ages in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There are two updates on my pc that absolutely refuse to install. I've tried countless things, the troubleshooter, downloading them from the catalogue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lincolndarcy, Aug 7, 2021.

1. I've been trying to install updates for ages

There are two updates on my pc that absolutely refuse to install. I've tried countless things, the troubleshooter, downloading them from the catalogue and nothing seems to work and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. About an hour ago I went and checked windows update and there is an alarming a message in red saying that my device is missing important security and quality fixes yet the updates refuse to install. Whenever the update that is currently installing gets to 100%, nothing happens and it just tells me to check for updates again, which I do and nothing happens. I would really like

:)

lincolndarcy, Aug 7, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 7, 2021
  4. I've been trying to install updates for ages

I installed Age of Empires 3 but the expasions won't install

Hi Guillermo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Age of empire 3 is not compatible with Windows 10. However you can try installing the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer the steps to install a program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the program and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with the developer customer support and see if it resolves the issue.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

I've been trying to install updates for ages

1. I've been trying to install updates for ages - Similar Threads - I've been trying

2. I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...: This isn't the first update performed on this computer but it's the only one that continues to fail. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB as external storage because the computer doesn't have a lot of disk space available - I've used this method for past updates so I know it works.This...
  3. Hey guys, i have a Proline laptop I've been trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hey guys, i have a Proline laptop I've been trying to install windows: I have an old Proline laptop that I got from a friend, it had windows 10 but the sound drivers weren't responding as i tried running DP17 nothing changed, so I decided to install a new 32 bit windows copy since it runs on an *86 based processor and as I tried the laptop...
  4. Hey guys, i have a Proline laptop I've been trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Hey guys, i have a Proline laptop I've been trying to install windows: I have an old Proline laptop that I got from a friend, it had windows 10 but the sound drivers weren't responding as i tried running DP17 nothing changed, so I decided to install a new 32 bit windows copy since it runs on an *86 based processor and as I tried the laptop...
  5. Unable to Update (20H2); I've been trying to go for the latest windows version but it's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Update (20H2); I've been trying to go for the latest windows version but it's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ADreamySailor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltlfc6/unable_to_update_20h2_ive_been_trying_to_go_for/
  6. Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...

Hi, I've been getting this error whenever I try to update windows. I've been needing to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarvinostheGreat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg1rwj/hi_ive_been_getting_this_error_whenever_i_try_to/
  7. (Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...

(Windows 10 update error) I've been trying to install this update for about a month now,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Derpy_Aura [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf09xc/windows_10_update_error_ive_been_trying_to/
  8. I've been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've been hacked: I had to make a new email cause someone hacked my old one please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-hacked/ad574826-96dd-4117-9e51-094f8b7a8c62
  9. I've been attacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've been attacked: Today I received an e-mail stating that I've been hacked and they showed me that they know what one of my passwords are. They threatened me unless I send them money they are going to send compromising video taken of me thru my computer camera to everyone on my contact list....
  10. Various Windows Issues- I've been having issues on my pc lately. I've tried updating and...

Various Windows Issues- I've been having issues on my pc lately. I've tried updating and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trollz456 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edqa10/various_windows_issues_ive_been_having_issues_on/