Windows 10: I've broken it

Discus and support I've broken it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have managed to kill my laptop HP envy 15 to no great stress data wise but I suspect if I return it to factory specs I'll be back in Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by F1uid5, Mar 21, 2016.

1. F1uid5 Win User

I've broken it

I have managed to kill my laptop HP envy 15 to no great stress data wise but I suspect if I return it to factory specs I'll be back in Windows 8.1 land. Does anyone know if I will be able to get ten back FOC or is it going to cost now?

:)

F1uid5, Mar 21, 2016

2. Windows 10.

I've tried hard to find a solution but I've failed miserably. It's like there's a link broken.

John R. Powell, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Spotlight

Nothing has worked, Spotlight is still broken. I've read all responses and tried several things. I give up and it will just have to stay broken. Thanks all

SerenityLong, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I've broken it

It will still be free.

Winuser, Mar 21, 2016
  5. Assuming you had it installed before and activated, you will always be able to install Windows 10 on that computer for free.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Mar 23, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Would you please explain to what extent did you "kill" your laptop ?
    There may be a chance you don't have to go back to Win 8.1.
    Maybe you can savage the damage by doing a Win 10 Repair Install or Clean Install.

Moreover, since you have Win 10 installed and activated, you are digital entitled.
    You can reinstall Win 10 any time you want, as often as you want, provided it is done in this computer.
    It won't cost you a dime.

How to do Repair Install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

How to do Clean Install
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I've broken it

1. I've broken it - Similar Threads - I've broken

2. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  3. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  4. My windows store is broken, I've tried all the common fixes on every forum I could find....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My windows store is broken, I've tried all the common fixes on every forum I could find....: I ran this command, and got this error sorry image uploading isn't working: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed...
  5. My windows store is broken, I've tried all the common fixes on every forum I could find....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows store is broken, I've tried all the common fixes on every forum I could find....: I ran this command, and got this error sorry image uploading isn't working: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed...
  6. My windows store is broken, I've tried all the common fixes on every forum I could find....

7. I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken: I have my computer set up for 2 monitors no gpu one is connected to the HDMI port, the second connected to the VGA port. At first both monitors were working fine but the VGA monitor was on a low resolution. I've changed the resolution on the VGA screen so they both output...
  8. I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken

I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken: I have my computer set up for 2 monitors no gpu one is connected to the HDMI port, the second connected to the VGA port. At first both monitors were working fine but the VGA monitor was on a low resolution. I've changed the resolution on the VGA screen so they both output...
  9. Help I've broken my search

in Cortana
    Help I've broken my search: I wanted to get rid of cortana so I put this into the command line takeown /f "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /a /r /d y icacls "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators:OICIF /t /c...
  10. My laptop is broken and nothing works. I've tried resetting it, but that gives me an error...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is broken and nothing works. I've tried resetting it, but that gives me an error...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gr8Wh1te13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fi6j7w/my_laptop_is_broken_and_nothing_works_ive_tried/