Windows 10: I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in

Discus and support I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I followed a tutorial on how to change the language of my laptop from italian to English. I downloaded the language pack and signed out. But when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Polipetto68, Sep 1, 2019.

1. I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in

Hi. I followed a tutorial on how to change the language of my laptop from italian to English. I downloaded the language pack and signed out. But when the pc restarted, and i had to put the password, it told me that it was wrong, but it's not. Sometimes, for a moment, a message that says "Welcome" appears, but then the "wrong password" message appears again. I've tried using the on screen keybord, both of them, Italian and English, but it didn't work. It's strange because the screen says that the language is English, but the "wrong password" message it's in Italian. Even "user" it is written "utente". Can you help me?

:)

Polipetto68, Sep 1, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Adm :) Win User
    Change language PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Hello everyboby!! I´ve reciently bought my Samsung computer in China, and everything is in chinese. As i don´t speak the language, I can´t do nothing, I don´t understand nothing.

Could you please orientate me step by step how do I configurate or download the english or spanish lauguage package please!!!

I really need to change it as son as posible :/

I will be very grateful with your help.

I have window 10,

Please step by step, is all in Chinese, thanks a lo in advance for your answers I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in :)

Adm :), Sep 1, 2019
  4. I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in

Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in

1. I've changed my computer language and now I can't log in - Similar Threads - I've changed computer

2. I can't log in to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log in to my computer.: It says Pin not available. This is so inconvenient!!!!!! I really need to sign in asap and you're not letting me to sign in! I need help asap! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-log-in-to-my-computer/bbf34770-a6f6-4223-a7ef-173119bffab7
  3. I changed my email and now I can’t log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my email and now I can’t log into my computer.: Hi,I changed my email over and lost access to my old email. Ever since, I cant log into my computer. Resetting a password or PIN doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-email-and-now-i-cant-log-into-my/a86ed415-596b-4238-a84c-2139474c4aae
  4. I changed my email and now I can’t log into my computer.

I changed my email and now I can’t log into my computer.: Hi,I changed my email over and lost access to my old email. Ever since, I cant log into my computer. Resetting a password or PIN doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-email-and-now-i-cant-log-into-my/a86ed415-596b-4238-a84c-2139474c4aae
  5. I changed my email and now I can’t log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I can't log into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my computer: I have tried to log into my computer, but I don't know my pin. However, I do know my password. It will not give me the option to change my pin or anything. I only have the option to enter my pin. What should I do?...
  7. I can't log into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my computer: I have tried to log into my computer, but I don't know my pin. However, I do know my password. It will not give me the option to change my pin or anything. I only have the option to enter my pin. What should I do?...
  8. I can't log into my computer

9. I can't log in to my computer

I can't log in to my computer: Tried booting into safe mode to fix a problem with third-party software. It asks for a password that I haven't used in a long time, I'm used to using a PIN. How can I log in to my computer? I've tried restarting multiple times, but I can't get back to where I can use my PIN....
  10. I can't log in to my computer

I can't log in to my computer: Hello after installing the latest update i got bsod. I did the system restore, it worked. When I left and came back, my computer crashed. Then I was able to log in, but today I can't log in for some reason, your password is wrong. You must sign in with your Microsoft account....