Windows 10: I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...

Discus and support I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While my system default font is Segoe UI, the names of the files on my desktop are in a different font that I changed the system default to. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrissssGrid, Apr 14, 2021.

1. I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...

While my system default font is Segoe UI, the names of the files on my desktop are in a different font that I changed the system default to. Everything except the desktop icon names are in Segoe UI now. I've changed the default font a couple times, and while the desktop file names always stayed in the same font I originally changed them to, everything else utilizing the default font did change to the default font I chose. How can I restore my desktop's default font back to Segoe UI?

:)

ChrissssGrid, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font

These are the Segoe Fonts installed by default on Win10:

I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe... [​IMG]

If those on Win7 are different they can be obtained from a running Win7 computer [I have one] or extracted from a Win7 CD. Or check this page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typ...-list/segoe-ui

Berton, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

ComponentActual, Apr 14, 2021
  4. I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...

How to change font BACK to default (Segoe UI)?

I've seen lots of tutorials and stuff about changing the default font from Segoe UI to something else (e.g. Calibri) on Windows 10. However, I want to know how I can change the font back to Segoe UI, because my font glitched out and it has the square placeholder
    characters in it. Is it done the same way as changing it off of Segoe UI, and if so, what font did it default to?

I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe... 1081a581-7c90-4d84-a606-83af2194debc?upload=true.png
    this is what my search bar looks like, I hope you can determine what font it is based off of that

forby10101, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe...

1. I've changed my system font to a different font and succesfully changed it back to Segoe... - Similar Threads - I've changed system

2. regarding change of system font

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding change of system font: I recently changed my default font using the regular codeWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold Italic TrueType"="""Segoe UI Italic...
  3. change SIZE of system font

change SIZE of system font: I desperately seeking a way to change SIZE (not the font itself) of system font. Not to scale everything, not to scale text only (because it's not affect this system font size). Everything is allowed hacking included. I don't care about Micro$oft permissions, if Micro$oft...
  4. Changing system apps font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing system apps font: I just made a previous post about some issue with the time in the taskbar after changing the font but now that I just fixed that I am curious about something else. Before I began to change the font, I expected it to be completely system wide (The lockscreen, settings, and...
  5. How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?

How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?: I've seen lots of tutorials and stuff about changing the default font from Segoe UI to something else e.g. Calibri on Windows 10. However, I want to know how I can change the font back to Segoe UI, because my font glitched out and it has the square placeholder characters in...
  6. Change font colour for different events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font colour for different events: I'm trying to change the font colour for different events on Calendar. What I want to have some events showing in blue and others in black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-colour-for-different-events/85c6c1eb-3702-43a5-8083-a04e3b7b03a3
  7. How to make segoe script my system font?

How to make segoe script my system font?: I jumped over from Ubuntu, and seoge script most closely resembles the system font I was using, but I can't find a way to change to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-segoe-script-my-system-font/f232cad5-ff4c-4ba7-908e-fb77680060b9
  8. how change my system font

how change my system font: how will i change my system font to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-change-my-system-font/d222e216-b8d4-41b1-a8dc-249e34b6d7d1
  9. Changing System Wide Font

Changing System Wide Font: Good Afternoon, Win 10 Pro x64. Fully up to date as of 25-AUG-2015 @ 1647. I still cannot change the font system wide. Can someone please provide me with a Orthodox method to change the system font? Orthodox = non registry hacking. The "Install" button is still...
  10. Changing the font on system

Changing the font on system: *Mad *Mad Why have Microsoft done away with what they had on Windows 7? On Windows 7, you could go into CONTROL PANEL and into display, and totally change the appearance of things on your computer including FONTS that were used for things such as title bar, active title...