Windows 10: I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

Discus and support I've decided to upgrade my graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It's moot, but if the MB is an Asus Z97-A, then it has a PCI-E 3.0 slot. Yes I know that,,,,,,,lol it's funny how people reply to the last post and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

Yes I know that,,,,,,,lol it's funny how people reply to the last post and not the OP

Thanks

Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Eaglepi Win User

I've been using the same graphics card for many years and it's time for me to upgrade. I know in Windows 7 that used to be a way that you could test all your hardware and you get a score. And Windows 10 is there any way I can test my old graphics card to see what how it performs.

Once installing my new graphics card I'd like to run the test again just to see the difference if anybody could help me find a utility or program that does that I would appreciate it. The cards I'm going to be wanting to test our,

my old card: MSI NX8600GTS T2D256EZR Graphics Card

My new card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD)

Now I fully expect the new card will outperform the old card by far but I would like to see the exact test.

I read the other day on a website where you could test your graphics card and it puts it through a bunch of tests without all kinds a graphics but for some reason, I can't locate that site again. Maybe someone here knows of that site.

As always thank you in advance

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Graphics Driver

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I've decided to give up on the whole
    mixed reality
    venture because even though I can update my graphics driver, it still won't solve the problem because the upgrade wouldn't be good enough. What I would need to do to solve the problem is physically remove the
    graphics card installed in my machine and replace it with a card that is compatible with
    graphics drivers such as NVidia GTX960 or AMD RX460 as a bare minimum. Thank you Robert.

Robert G May, Apr 16, 2018
  4. I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

Windows 10 prompts incompatible driver even after changing the device

I finally decided to leave the comfort of Windows 7 and get the free upgrade to Windows 10. When I clicked the window icon I received the message that there was a compatibility issue with the graphics card. I changed out the card and updated the driver
    but when I try to install the Windows 10 upgrade I get the same message and it still is recognizing the old graphics card. I've tried to find the old driver but I do not see it any where. Any idea how I can work around this?

Windows 10 upgrade wouldn't run due to outdated graphics card Updated the card but the Windows 10 scan still recognizes old card- Original Title

NuMitchmatist, Apr 16, 2018
  5. I can just tell you that you will see a significant difference in gaming. Windows will function about the same.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 17, 2018
  6. Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2018
  7. Plankton Win User
    I have an EVGA GTX 1060 3GB SSC and for my gaming needs it's works great. If your specs are what's listed, we have almost an identical setup, you'll be very happy with it's performance.

The only true way to test your GPU is to bench it as Caledon Ken suggests with his link. As for the MS hardware score....well it was just crap and was just something MS did. I wouldn't put any stock into that score.

3D Mark 11 - Windows 10 Forums

Plankton, Apr 17, 2018
  8. Eaglepi Win User

Thank you for all Your replies,

Eaglepi, Apr 17, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 17, 2018
  10. Helmut Win User
    That Nvidia chipset is 11 years old, that it still works is nearly a miracle...

The thing is the Graphics feature set has increased a lot since then, so has the DirectX features, and OpenGL features, and the amount of Graphics card memory, so any sort of accurate comparison is dubious.

Windows itself only uses some basic features and that won't be a detectable change.

So that means you will have to use some 3D Graphics benchmark from about that era. I have used 3DMark seemingly for ever in various versions since 2002 and still do.
    My guess would be the 3DMark 11 from here. Run on your old Graphics Card and then on the new one.
    The difference I suspect will be dramatic, and so it should be.
    Which benchmark should I use? | UL Benchmarks

Helmut, Apr 18, 2018
  11. I haven't noticed anyone mentioning the old card he has is PCI Express x16 and the new card is PCI Express 3.0 x16

What if the motherboard doesn't have that kind of PCI slot? Bottleneck but how much?

Access Denied, Apr 18, 2018
  12. Eaglepi Win User
    I've decided to not buy a new card so this thread can be ignored... Thanks for all replies

Eaglepi, Apr 18, 2018
  13. bobkn Win User

It's moot, but if the MB is an Asus Z97-A, then it has a PCI-E 3.0 slot.

bobkn, Apr 18, 2018
  14. I keep forgetting to click on the My Computer for a user when posting. *Banghead

Access Denied, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

1. I've decided to upgrade my graphics card - Similar Threads - I've decided upgrade

2. upgrade helios 300 graphic card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgrade helios 300 graphic card.: hi.i was wondering what are the possible way to upgrade Helios 300 graphic card ,currently I'm using RTX 2060 but is there anyway i can boost my graphic card further or even upgrade it ?...
  3. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  4. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  5. my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Graphic card: does intel hd 630 is the same as nvidia gtx 1050...because I just bought a laptop Lenovo legion intel i7 7th gen and nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 and I saw my gpu was named intel hd 630...are they same...
  6. cant decide on a graphics card.

cant decide on a graphics card.: well i a wanna upgrade my graphics card but not sure what to chose that will be good with my setup, i cant decide between the rx580 8gb, gtx 1060 6gb, or a 1070... i play racing games fighting games, some rpg games.. hope you all can help thanks.. . [img] 120770
  7. Upgrade my graphic card

Upgrade my graphic card: Hi, I was wondering what was the best graphic card to upgrade my computer. I don't play that much, but I want to be able if I want to, for the last ones. It's fine if it's not the best quality, just enough to play. I also want to watch 4k videos. I need two HDMI output...
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  9. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...
  10. Is it my graphics card?

Is it my graphics card?: Hey everyone im new to this forum and I need some expertise. I recently built my first pc this summer and ive been having problems for the past 2 months with games crashing. At first they would only crash when a sound or spotify overlay came up. Now im getting graphics...