Windows 10: I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate...

Discus and support I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a digital Windows 10 Home license no product key included from the Microsoft Store around 2 years ago and activated a VM with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dwhaley720, Jun 7, 2020.

1. I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate...

Hello,

I bought a digital Windows 10 Home license no product key included from the Microsoft Store around 2 years ago and activated a VM with it. I've lost the VM since then and deleted it from my Microsoft account, not knowing that I would also lose the license with it. Now I'm trying to activate a new device and was expecting Windows to still see the license in my account after signing in, but I instead get an error saying that no product key is installed on the device. The troubleshooter's "I recently changed hardware" option doesn't work because I already deleted the old device from my account. I called a support representative and after 1-2 hours of investigating, they told me they would call me back the next day to provide me a product key to use instead. I never got a callback, so I'm left with the only solution being to buy a whole new license. Can someone please help me find a way to get my license key back? I still have the receipt saved in my email for proof of purchase.

Thanks.

:)

dwhaley720, Jun 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails

Just for the record, what account you log in with has no effect on activation. The "Linked to your Microsoft account" is just an optional extra. If you switch to a local account it will just say "activated with a digital license". Switch to a Microsoft account and it will say "activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". You could do a clean install using an account you have never used before and it will still activate. As long as there is a digital license for that device on the activation server matching the installed edition, it will activate. The account used has no bearing on that.

And deleting / removing a device from the list won't affect activation. You just won't see it listed. Reinstall Windows 10 again latter on, on that device and it will be back in the list. That list is just another optional extra.

alphanumeric, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jun 7, 2020
  4. guniu Win User

I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate...

1. I've deleted a digitally-licensed device from my Microsoft account and now I can't activate... - Similar Threads - I've deleted digitally

2. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  3. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  4. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  5. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  6. I have a digital license on my Microsoft Account but windows can't activate with error code...

I have a digital license on my Microsoft Account but windows can't activate with error code...: As the subject says, I have reinstalled windows 10 on my machine cause my windows crashed. I have been reinstalling windows more than 10 times now in the previous years and my digital license worked great until now. I have logged in my microsoft account just as the other...
  7. Digital license and Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital license and Microsoft account.: So here is the thing. I have a Windows 10 Home Single Language Digital license. I linked it with my Microsoft account. But it was on my hard drive. Now I bought an SSD and gave my device to a local store for replacing and clean installing windows 10. Somehow they installed...
  8. Can't link digital Windows license to Microsoft account

Can't link digital Windows license to Microsoft account: I need to reinstall Windows due to several issues and being slow. I want to make sure I can activate Windows after reinstalling. I have followed the guide: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall. I have verified that "Windows is active", Not linked to...
  9. Microsoft Account Digital License?

Microsoft Account Digital License?: Hey, I wanted to ask how I know if my Microsoft account (which is specified as Admin in the Windows settings -> Accounts) has a Digital WIndows license, which I can use again on a new PC. Microsoft Konto Digitale Lizenz?
  10. Can't delete a device from microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete a device from microsoft account.: When I try to delete an unused computer from my Microsoft account, I logon to my account, select the device, and then select "more actions"; but there is no option to delete or remove. The only option that comes up is "Get support". When posting the above, the drop-down...